Having two kids is freakin' awesome and, honestly, kinda crazy.
You get one fed and happy and then it's on to the other one, and by the time you get finished the first kid needs you again.
It's an adjustment. Definitely a good adjustment, but none the less- an adjustment.
We are 1 month and a few days into having more than one child in the household and I am just now getting back to feeling up to doing anything and going anywhere. No, really, I've been a total lazy crazy mess for about a month. It's been grand!
But, I'm ready to start back into real life.
You know, "real life", right?
Doing things like putting on regular clothes and getting out of sweatpants.
Like putting on makeup and doing (and by "doing", I mean washing) my hair.
Like wearing shoes that have heels.
Like exercising {sigh}.
Like getting out of the house.
All those things normal people do.
All those things I used to do, and will soon do again.
And like doing activities with my girlie friend, Cecily.
Which brings me to the point of this rambling.
Does anyone have any ideas for fun at home or on-the-go activities that are great for 2 year olds? I'm having trouble coming up with things. A bit of a "mommy" brain fart.
And Cecily totally needs to cut down on the cartoons. She's had it SO good lately :)
If you get time tell me some ideas you have.
Even if you don't have kiddo's yet, just let me know if you have fun things rolling around in your head.
Ok, here's the oh-so-short list I've come up with:
1- Finger-painting on butcher paper (although this will have to wait until warm weather because I don't quite trust my girl in my house with paint yet).
2- Tea parties. full on, dressed up, real food tea parties. Totally stole this idea from a friends blog :)
3- the zoo
told you it was short........
I promise more pictures of my handsome boy and an actual post of substance soon.
Love you all.
4 comments:
I completely understand this post... And if I can just get my kids healthy I will be following suit and hopping back in the saddle.
As for activities for CJ...
Take an ice cube tray fill all the spots halfway with water, put food coloring (1 drop each) into half the spots and give her a medicine dropper. Let her mix colors and the likes... seriously, Lil loved doing this when she was 2-3ish.
Another water one is to get a bunch of bowls and cups and turkey basters, medicine droppers, spoons, etc. And lay them out on a towel in the kitchen. Fill the biggest bowl with soapy water and let her play in the bubbles and water pouring them from one bowl to the next using cups or anything else. It can be messy but the plus side: 1. She will be a bit cleaner in the end. And 2. It will prompt you to mop the kitchen floor when you are done. Ice is a good option for this activity in the summer. Let her move ice cubes from bowl to bowl and play with them while they melt.
If you are okay with a mess, make cupcakes and let her help you decorate them.
Use a cereal box for a fun ride for a favorite stuffed animals. Take an empty cereal box and tape the opening closed. Then cut out a big hole on one side that would be big enough to sit a stuffed animal inside. Kind of like a car for the stuffed animal or doll. Then put it on the floor and show her how to push it across the room.
I'll be back with some more ideas if I think of them.
i've missed your posts. i'm glad you're back. i wish i had some creative ideas for you, but our days are spent in front of the TV watching Barney over and over and over and over...you get the idea. i need some fun activities for a one year old...love you lots.
Thanks pam! I'm FOR SURE going to try some of your ideas. And we should have a play date with our kiddo's some time. I'll call ya! and Micah may- I just laughed at your comment and it made my little heart happy and miss you at the same time. Love you!
You should totally post the answers so we can all copy the ideas!! I'm always on the look out too. But I also don't like making a huge mess either. If it keeps them occupied for 20 minutes but then takes 20 minutes to clean up, it's totally not worth it to me.
Course there are lots of ideas from magazines and stuff too. When Maggie was born I instituted a regular spa day. We would all take a bath together and then do pedicures (I only use Piggy Paint brand on the girls) and use mommy's good smelling lotion and specal face cream and whatever else Amelia wanted to try in the bathroom. Maggie would be fairly content in the bath and then watch us play.
Also, memory games are fun if Cecily is into them yet. Games like bean bag toss into bowls or bowls and cups of water on the floor make Amelia so happy (like the post above but I omit the soap because Amelia would slip easier and it can make my floor sticky if I don't mop for like an hour afterward). Stringing beads onto thread or yarn (I think you can get kits like this from JoAnns). I wish I had more room to write ideas but I've already written too much. Check out books from the library and tell me what you find!!
Post a Comment