Things have been a little crazy daisy around our house lately. Cecily is still adjusting to life with a stay at home dad and a working mom. She isn't one to hold her emotions in ;-) She is still happy (and darling) most of the time, just not when mom goes to work or dad goes to school. Nolan is as sweet as ever and happy and smiley and just too dang cute for words.
Work is good. I'm done with training now- HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY for that. Training SUCKS. Running your buns off on a saturday night and giving all your tips to someone else is stinky stinky. But, I'm on my own now and it's going great. I like Chang's and the management seems laid back and nice, and tips are pretty good so far. PLUS- Dane Cook and Frank (the pilot) from LOST (no idea of his real name....) came in and ate tonight while I was working. I was like, 10 feet away from them. In fact, I cleaned the table that Frank was eating at before he ate there. I'm pretty sure that means I totally know famous people now. I live SUCH a glamourous lifestyle these days.
SOOOOOOO- working hasn't left much time for blogging, so I'm playin' catch-up.
HAPPY BELATED INDEPENDENCE DAY, ALL!!!!
Aren't you grateful for the founding fathers and the treasonous act that created this free land?
I sure am.
Our 4th of July festivities were fun and just chill this year, which was good. On the 3rd we hung out with Adam (Mike's bro), grilled up a few hot dogs and watched a few fireworks. Then on the 4th we went to chuch and sang My Country 'Tis of Thee................ and that was pretty much all the celebratin' we did.
But, my Aunt Diane invited us to her ward breakfast and parade on the 5th of July, so we went and had a dandy time. We ate a fancy breakfast and some girls painted a star on Cecily's cheek. Then she got to decorate her tricycle and ride in the kiddie parade around the neighborhood. She did great at first, but then got tired and wanted to get on dad's shoulders for the rest of the parade route (which was all of 3 blocks).
It was fun to hang out with aunt diane and watch CJ and her daddy coming down the road and wave to them. All in all, a fun day.
I forgot my camera for all of our celebrations, so cell phone pictures will have to do.
Cecily's Independence Day pigtails
Picture of Cec and Dad at breakfast- you can sort of see the little star on her cheek
You can't see 'em, but there's also Red, White and Blue ribbon off the back of the trike.
Cutie Patootie
Nolan and Aunt Di, chillin' waiting for the fabulous parade of 20 kids :) We're big time.





2 comments:
I'm totally loving her red, white, and blue outfit. Cute, cute. And also, I always love baby over the shoulder shots. He's a sweetie. We did pretty much nothing on the 5th. Ross and his dad painted our deck. Woo-hoo! We are party animals!
Love you tons.
I think I know that guy in the background.
Post a Comment