Were you thinking that I was exaggerating how terrible my master bedroom was?
No, my friends, no exaggeration.
It was THIS bad.
east wall
south wall
west wall
north wall
Mix the vomit colored walls with the home-made curtains from 1984 and it's bad enough.
Then throw in our fairly busy/awful $5 duvet cover from IKEA
(what can I say? I'm thrifty and it was all I could find right after we moved in).
Add in some mis-matched lamps on tiny side tables
and you have the perfect combo of chaotic and ugly.
Needless to say (wait- I've already said it)
This room needed a make-over.
Soooooooooo,
WE PAINTED THIS WEEKEND!
We put the LDS general conference streaming over my phone and plugged in our speakers, and it was MOST enjoyable.
Mike kept saying he probably got more out of conference then he has in a while because he was listening while doing something to keep him awake and keep his body moving. He's A.D.D., what can I say?
Anyway, it was fun and conference was GREAT!
I'll post some "after" pics once we get the room put back together.
We painted the trim white and the walls "twilight gray"
It is fantastic and I can't wait to put the rest of the room up.
It's a really frosty light grayish-blue.
My goal is to get everything in our bedroom done for under $80.
We're already at $60 just from the paint because we got the paint with primer included
(SOOOOO worth it, ps)
Here's hoping that I can get/re-do all our accessories and stuff for under 20 bucks!
Wish me luck!




2 comments:
I am not going to lie....that is AWFUL!!:) Wow!! I am sure that what you did to it is amazing though!! You always were great at decorating and making things cute!! Can't wait to see after pics!!:)
Mel-
I know, right? It was hard to sleep in there! I'm so glad I found your blog/you found mine. Miss you! Hope you're doing great.
Post a Comment