As of December 17, 2011: Mike and I have been married for 6 years. What the???? How the heck did we get 6 years in without me noticing? Ok, kidding. But for real, it seems really quick. I guess that's what happens when you love the stuffin' out of somebody.
Our 5th year of marriage was a DOOSY! And, frankly, I don't think every relationship could withstand all the poo that was flung our way this year. TONS of blessings as well, no worries.
Last January I downloaded the song "Hold On" by Michael Buble' and it's kinda been our theme song this year. (Do you love what a mush head I'm being, Janet??) This song pretty much perfectly describes the way our year has been. Not to mention I'm IN LOVE with Michael Buble's velvety crooner voice. *sigh* Makes me swoon.
Here's some of my favorite, very applicable lines :
"We are stronger here together then we could ever be alone, so hold on to me, don't you ever let me go"
"Maybe all the plans we made might not work out, but I have no doubt, even though it' hard to see. I've got faith in us, and I believe in you and me."
"There's so many dreams that we have given up, but take a look at all we've got. And with this kind of love, what we've got here is enough."
That last one is my favorite. Really, isn't the love that you share with your family enough to fill any gaps life may leave you?
You can go here to watch it on YouTube.
I sure do love my hubby Michael. Even if his singing voice isn't quite as smooth as Buble's :)
For those of you who don't know my husband- he's just a great man and a great father and a great person. He loves me and I love him, and you can't ask for a whole lot more.
To celebrate this year we ordered Chinese take-out, put the kids to bed early, and drank sparkling cider by (Christmas scented) candle-light.
The Chinese food was actually really good, considering the place we ordered from wrote the name of their restaurant with a sharpie on a tarp and hung it with nails above their door. CLASSY! What can I say? Small town beggars can't be choosers.
So, anyway, happy 6 years to us!
Here we are, in all our skinny wedding glory:

2 comments:
Hooray for skinny wedding glory! And for chubby wedded bliss, too. ;o)
I love your quirky, romantic celebration of your anniversary. It will probably be one of the most memorable.
Also, way to be a mush-head with the song. I'm super impressed.
Love you!
word verification: rance
It's what I do sometimes on my treadmill when I have my iPod in and I'm REALLY enjoying a song. (Seriously, I do this. I've almost fallen off a time or two...)
I heart you both to the fullest. You've heard of 'the new black' right? You guys are 'the new skinny'. Take that! Ha
Taking Janet's lead: QUISMS... the lesser known spell in Harry Potter that makes people break out into Irish jigs, sing songs while rubbing their stomach and patting their heads.
Post a Comment