Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Time to Give Thanks

... and give thanks we did!!!  We are so very blessed.  What more can I say?  My cup runneth over. 

We spent Thanksgiving at home, and my amazing parents blessed us by coming to visit!  We love them a lot, and my kids were in Grandparent HEAVEN having Grammy and Papa all to themselves.  Amazin' fruit for sure.  My parents brought a Hutterite turkey, which had been butchered the morning that my dad bought it.  How cool is that?  Fresher is better :) 
Our Thanksgiving feast was delightful, full of cranberries and yams and mashed potatos.  DELISH!

I wish, however, that I had been better about pictures.  I don't know what's gotten in to me lately, but I just can't seem to keep myself motivated to take pictures!  I didn't take any of our dinner, so Nolan and Papa Lay at the park will have to suffice. 



On Friday we took the hour long drive to The Little Big Horn Battlefield, aka "The place where Custer got his shorts handed to him by the Native Americans."
I'm a history person, and it was really cool to see where it all happened, and how BIG it all was.  It was really cold and windy that day, so we just drove around instead of walking. 
Once again, I crapped out with the pictures and got NONE with my parents, but they were there with us.  My dad loved it. 




A memorial to the soldiers.  Poor guys didn't stand a chance.

It's funny, there's a grave marker for Custer (the black one), even though he's not actually buried there.... I guess it's to mark where he died?


Thanksgiving was LOTS of fun and full of great memories. 
Blessings abound.

1 comment:

Montana Wilkins said...

You are all adorable.

Thanks for loving me even though I skipped out on this fantastic feast.

We'll totally come see you as soon as we can. Pray some more money our way! ;o)

Word verification:
orionenu

Well, obviously Enu was Orion's girlfriend then wife in mythology. All the Greeks (Romans???) called them Orionenu in the tabloids and magazines. You know, like Bennifer or Brangelina? She was a typical hunter's widow, suffering through every September to January (or whatever months hunting season happened to be back then). But you know that if Orion was hunting then Enu was shopping!!!

"Buy yourself a new toga, Girlfriend!!!"