The Cecilita Jones Update:
Cecily's Auntie Rachel calls her "Cecilita Jones" sometimes.
It's funnier if you say it with a Spanish accent.
Now you're all saying it in your head. Now laughing. I know, it's funny. Thanks Rach.
Oh, my. Cecily just keeps becoming more and more fun, and more and more of her OWN person. She has her own opinions about EVERYTHING, and isn't afraid to tell you how it is (or how she thinks it should be).
She's still gets really excited about pretty much everything in the whole world.
I was writing in her journal the other night about all her energy and vitality and I realized that it truly is something wonderful, and something to celebrate.
Don't get me wrong, she wears me out on a daily basis, but I realized how much excitement she brings in to my life too. She started jumping up and down in the car this morning because I bought her juice at the store. It's the little things that make life great, and she helps me remember that.
She starts pre-school next year and she is SOOOOOOOOOOO excited. We haven't put her in any kind of preschool yet because either we didn't want to shell out the money, or we were moving soon. Her little friend, Avery is a few months older than her, and is going to kindergarten next year (along with most of CJ's primary church class). Cecily started crying when I told her she isn't quite old enough for kindergarten. There's a really great Lutheran Pre-School here in town, though, so we're signing her up. I'm excited for the structure and socialization it will give her. Not to mention the break from her little bro terrorizing her and pulling her pigtails :).
Some of the things Cecily LOVES are:
-Pizza with Pepperoni
-Playing outside and at the Park
-Riding her bike
-Playing tag with Mom
-Bananas, Broccoli, and Carrots
-Playing with friends
-Library Books
-Coloring with markers (which only happens occasionally because if Nolan gets a hold of them we have a large mess on our hands)
-Painting. Paint by numbers, paint with water, acrylics, basically anything paint related
-Tumbling class and anything at the CPRD rec center
Some things Cecily DOES NOT LOVE are:
-Apples
-Nolan doing what she calls "bad things" to her, i.e. pulling her hair or taking her color crayons
-Being bossed around by mom
-Eating her entire dinner
-Getting her hair brushed
Just like Nolan-man, this girl lights up my life. We really love her a lot.
2 comments:
She is getting so big!!!! ahhh Cecily, stop growing up! oxoxox
You're a good mom. You're recording all these wonderful things and recognizing the great girl that you have. I love all the pictures, but especially the one of the two of you together. (And is that Smash on the tv in the background of one of the pics????) ;o)
Post a Comment