Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nolan

I've been lacking in the family updates lately and writing a bunch of personal crap, so I'm repenting of that now.  Let's start with Nolan, shall we?  He's the cutest boy in the house, that's for sure. 

Nolan's FAVORITE place is the park.
He is 2 years and just shy of 4 months.  He's still so tall, so fun, and has SO much energy.

Here's some of his most favorite things:
-Strawberries
-Wearing his pajamas all day
-His "poo pet" which translates to "pillow pet"
-Going down the slide at the park
-Hop Hop Hopping everywhere
-Asking questions : "where going, mama?"  "what doing, mama?" "have some, mama?" "where dada?" "more juice? more milk? more drink, mama?"
-Zerber kisses on his neck and tummy.
-Tickles
-Playing tag
- Anything water related. (baths, splashing in puddles, dumping water out of the sink, etc :)
-Having his shoes on nearly all the time.

Here's a few of his latest challenges:
- Playing with little girls.  They just really don't get him.  He's aggressive and wants to jump and spin and be crazy...... and most little girls (with the exception of his big sis) aren't in to that. And that's ok.
-Not climbing everything in sight
-Sitting through church
- Not pulling Cecily's hair
-Sitting down for an entire meal

He came in and said "Look ma! I a lamp!"

We understand most of the words he says now and he's talking in complete sentences for the most part.  He is pushing boundaries and over the past month has decided to start pretending he doesn't hear us when we tell him to do something.  It's funny and annoying all at the same time.  We'll ask him 234 times and then when we yell at him on the 235th time he turns and says "huh?"
Big Boy Underpants!!!!
We are attempting some potty training, although it's been slow going.  I'm ok with that.  I stressed myself out with Cecily and made the experience a nightmare for both of us, so I'm trying to be as chill as possible about Nolan.  He will tell us when he's going, but he has yet to actually make it to the potty. 

I've said this before, but really he is the joy of my life.  He says the funniest things and has the most wonderful exuberant spirit.  It makes me happy to be around him.

1 comment:

Montana Wilkins said...

I actually looked for a "like" button after I saw the picture of Nolan with the lampshade on his head. He is so adorable. I love that your kids are not boring. Total personality!!!