Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Jobs and Weather


I guess life here in Vegas has been fairly uneventful, since I haven't posted anything for a while, huh? The biggest thing to happen to our family lately is my new job! It will be good to have a little extra grocery money rollin' in. I got a job at a Mexican restaurant called "On the Border" (it's a chain) that's just a few minutes away from our house. Why did I spend 4 years getting an education degree, you ask? So that I could go back to serving tables, of course! :-) Just kiddin! It works better to have me work nights and take care of my beautiful baby during the day while Mike is at his job. Serving is the best option since tips are good here. Tonight is actually my first night serving on my own (without a trainer). Wish me luck!

Another bit of good news is that the weather here is AMAZING!!!! It's been about 70 or 80 degrees and cooling off at night. Cecily and I have taken a few walks and we're even planning a picnic dinner at a park this week. MMMM, fried chicken! Parks are the only places with grass around here, so that's where we're goin'. Our concrete driveway or rock landscaped front yard doesn't sound very cushy. I'm trying to soak in the good weather while we have it, 'cause pretty soon it will be 117 degrees and my electric bill will be 500 dollars again :-). Always the optimist, right?

So, i know this isn't all that interesting, but I didn't want you all to think we've fallen off the face of the planet. Kisses!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

You've got to love that rock landscaping. Good luck tonight!

Russ Lay said...

That's a good deal that the weather is nice for now. I've been hoping that spring would arrive here in Great Falls myself. Have fun waitressing!! ri ruv roo rorge