Cecily JeNae Vincent turned 1 on October 9, 2008!! We had so much fun (almost TOO much fun) partying and celebrating her fabulous day. In my family (Wendy's) birthdays are a big deal and you get to be princess for a day. ....except in this case, it was more like princess for a week.... I may have went a little overboard with the celebrations......... but it all turned out great and we had tons cake and craziness. We got to go to Montana, so we started the party there at Grammie and Papa Lay's house on the 4th. Then, we celebrated with our friends Lizzy, Josh, Xander, and Julia Kay at our house on CJ's actual birthday. To top it off we opened presents from Grandma and Grandpa Vincent and had ladybug cake with Rachel and Bren on the 11th.Cecily is such a happy, cute, sweet little girl and we feel very very VERY blessed to have her in our family. She is almost always smiley, loves to chatter, loves to "talk" on the phone, gives great snuggles, and giggles when you give her high 5. She gives a smile to everyone she meets and we think she's stinkin' awesome!
Party #1: Montana!
Before the cake......
......After the cake
Party #2: The Kay's at our house for dinner on CJ's actual b-day
Party #3: Aunt Rachel and cousin Brielle with CJ on the weekend
CJ with her ladybug cake. (not as cute as I had hoped, but oh well, it's my first try- next year will be better)
6 comments:
happy birthday cecily! can you believe it's been a year already? time flies! i love that you made her a lady bug cake because our nursery has a lady bug theme...love them! love you lots!
I think the cake looks adorable. :) I felt the same way about the one I made for Kaleb, too. What an awesome and crafty mom you are. :)
Party! Party! Party! How fun! I LOVE the picture of Cecily under her Birthday sign. Her smile is ADORABLE! But you forgot to explain to all the people who don't know where you got the idea and its significance! Kiss that little girl for me and tell her Aunt Janet misses and loves her!
Happy Birthday to Cecily! Wish I could meet her. She is darling. A year really goes by fast, doesn't it? I LOVE your cake and I think it looks super cute! Nice job, Wendy.
Of course I remember you and mike both...seriously, how could I forget?! Those were good ole times! Your daughter is so cute! I love her piggies! I am SO glad that you blog stocked me ;) Keep in touch! (I think your ladybug cake is great, I went slacker on Kinsey's first birthday and totally bought one. Oh well.)
Happy Birthday to Cecily! We were so excited to see all of you for a couple of days and to get to celebrate Cecily's big day. We love you a lot and hope you get back to Montana really soon!
Post a Comment