I'm so glad when Daddy comes home, glad as I can be. I clap my hands and shout for joy and climb up on his knee. Put my arms around his neck, hug him tight, like this. Pat his cheek and give him what? A great big kiss! Mwwwwwaaaahhh!
(ok, so it's not all on the video, but it's pretty cute anyway)
So, last weekend, these fabulous people (the 2 on the right) showed up at our door....................... so we fed them, partied with them, shopped with them (of course!), made them watch our kid, and sent them on their way. Love you Mom and Dad!

Then we got a wild hair and decided to buy a Subaru
Tribeca! Good bye to our little Honda Civic, we will miss your gas
mileage, but not your lack of space, or your maintenance problems. Good bye to our big Toyota Tundra, we will miss your
truck-bed, but not your high payments, or your squishy back seat.

This is Cecily's daily ritual of snack time and cartoons. She never sits still long enough to watch much TV, but lately right after her nap if I give her a snack and sit her in her little chair I can get 10 more good minutes of Wendy time. It's also one of my favorite parts of the day because she usually runs to the kitchen pantry and starts shouting "
NACKS,
PEEEESE!
NACKS,
PEESE!" Then, after I give them to her, she says "
Tay too!" without me prompting. Usually it takes lots of prodding from Mom to get a thank you, but snack time is the wonderful exception.

Please forgive me while I brag about my girl (again), but if I don't who will, right? This is a picture of her bathtub toys which stick to the wall when they're wet. Each one has a body and stuff, but she figured out what the head of each animal was and stuck them all in
their own little category on the shower wall. I didn't ever show her how or help her, she just did it. Now, maybe it's not
THAT advanced for a 16 month old, but I thought it was pretty great that she could differentiate between bodies and heads and tails and then put them all together on the wall. Pretty sure she's a genius.
LOL.
4 comments:
Lovin' the video. I wish we could have seen Mike actually walk through the door and Cecily hugging him or something. I also love that she's talking so much. Craziness. The phonetic spelling of her little comments is really cute. Keep working on her to say thank you and she will more and more all the time! I love her pig tails too!
Cecily's a genius all right--just look at her parents! Love your new car! We're looking for one too. What a pain, eh?
Oh she is the cutest. I love that video of her waving to her Dad. That is so cute. And you know Wendy I'm sure your child is a genius. I think you and Mike are pretty smart ha ha.
Cute new car! The diaper pattern I use is from diaperkits.com You can order a diaper pre cut and the pattern for making future ones. I get the fabric from a couple different places. The most expensive is the microfleece lining, which I think is worth it. The waterfproof fabric (PUL) I get from diaperfab.com If you enjoy sewing, it's a fun project! If you get serious about it, I can share any info you want. There's a HUGE cloth diaper world out there.
Post a Comment