Monday, March 30, 2009

Skinny Jeans


I've been completely out of anything blog-worthy lately. My life just isn't that exciting, sorry. So, I figure I'll throw this out there and see who can relate. I've been having an "old" complex lately. I feel old. I don't want to feel old, but somehow it's sneaking in. I know in my rational brain that I am, indeed, very very young. However, when I go to the mall and look at the fashion of the moment, it makes me feel very very old. And like a mommy. I love being a mommy, I just don't want to dress like a frumpy mommy. I've known several mommies who are SUPER cute diva fashionistas, but I just can't seem to get there. My latest dilemma is skinny jeans. When they first came out I thought "are you kidding? this is a flashback to the 80's!" but now................... I kinda think they're cute. (I know what you're thinking: It's a slippery slope to a side pony tail and leg warmers, but whatever.....). Am I to old to buy the fad of the moment? I don't think I am, but I also worry about 20 years down the road when I'm 46 and dressing like I'm 20. Of course, I don't want to be 26 and dressing like I'm 40 either............. See the dillema?
Oh, and PS- Janet, the colored font is for you. XOXO

5 comments:

The Hawks said...

I LOVE skinny jeans! and i think you need to buy them because you have the body for them, and i don't. thus you can wear them for me. yeah, i just said thus. love you!

P.S. you are NOT too old.

Montana Wilkins said...

Thanks for the colored fonts. It makes a blog just that much more exciting. Or something. I only did it because I thought you had.

You are so not a frumpy mommy. I'm not trying to get down on myself, but that's totally me. I'd live in jeans and a t-shirt (or sweatshirt in the winter) if I could. I do a lot, actually. I've told you that the only reason I have any fashion sense is because of you! In fact, I am currently wearing the cardigan sweater you gave me for Christmas. You know, the one that you also "drew" different ways I could wear it for? :o)
Thanks again!
Jannie-Di
P.S. You will ALWAYS be 5 years and 5 months younger than me!
P.P.S. My word verification is faroxint. I think that means something that is really awesome. You know the updated version of "FAR OUT!" :o)

Brittany said...

I hear you on this post. It's always been a dilemma for me. More money would proabably help me dress my age/profession. I think skinny jeans are cute, and side pony tails and maybe even leg warmers are cute too. Maybe I'm crazy, and I'm sure in a few years I will be thinking I was crazy but that's fashion for you. Go out and buy some skinny jeans!!!

Russ Lay said...

I think that skinny jeans are just jeans. If they are made of a good sturdy, thick denim then buy them, but if it's a cheap flimsy denim then don't. There you have it your fashion unconcious brother has done it again. And might I just ad that it's wonderful being a guy, because a t-shirt and blue jeans have been in style for decades. and just as a side note, being in style is kind of a silly notion. You should read "If I only had a green Nose"
I love you, and don't take me too seriously.
Russ Lay

Nat-a-baby said...

I just had to laugh at this post. You are so cute Wendy. I don't think it's ridiculous for you to dress "in the moment," but heaven for bid stick the skinny jeans. Stick with your gut instinct on this one! You don't have to look like an 80's rocker to be trendy. There are many other things that are in style... but jeans seem to be all the rave right now.