Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daddy-O

My dad is the coolest. He will give you the shirt off his back if he thought it would help you. He taught me what it means to truly work hard. He showed me how to pray. He showed me how to feel God's presence in my life. He showed me what it means to be supportive. He showed me what true service is. He continues to show me what faith is. Man, that guy can move mountains with his faith. He also showed me what I wanted in a husband, and lucky me, I found it. Kudos to mom for always pointing out to us how great dad is, too!


I've also been getting to know my father-in-law over the past few years. He's a funny guy, and it's extremely evident how much he cares about his family. The last time they visited, I asked if I had passed "the Vincent test" yet, and if they had decided to keep me or not, and Scott replied with "You're stuck with us for eternity, girl!" And that makes me happy. Thanks, Scott, for helping to shape Mike into who he is. Good job on your first born!





Most of all this father's day I'm happy for my baby daddy, Michael Scott (no, not that Michael Scott). Long before we were married, I knew he'd be a freakin' amazin' daddy. He's just one of those guys that's incredible with kids, and I've never seen a dad more enthralled with his daughter. Our crazy Cecily is so lucky, and so am I. Can't wait for everything to come, babe! Love ya!


So, there's the cheese for now! Tune in later for more.

1 comment:

Montana Wilkins said...

What a nice post on all those daddies. It's great to have good men in your life, isn't it?
Very cute pics of your darling girl too!
(My word verification is "lestrap". Do you think that's French for "the strap"?)
:o)