Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The One Where Wendy Does Laundry


So, there's this Friends episode from season 1 where Rachel does laundry for the first time and she's proud of herself 'cause if you can do laundry, you can do anything. Then, near the end, her triumph turns to dismay when she finds she accidentally left a red sock in with her whites.

Up until last night I had been spared this little mis-hap in my life. But on my LAST load of laundry yesterday (after about a bajillion and one) I washed my little girl's entire wardrobe with a pair of her new red pants. Usually I do cold, but instead I did warm to try to get some of the juice stains out better.........big mistake#1. To quote Rachel "now everything looks like jammies" Then, I washed and washed and washed and went to the store and got some "color -dye -run-remover" stuff specifically formulated to help in this situation.......... Big mistake #2. Now everything is wierd blue instead of wierd pink, and any spot on any of her clothes that was DARK pink or redish is now a lovely shade of blueish orange. Sad day.

Oh well. Cecily gets a new wardrobe, I guess. Poor me, I have to go shopping :) .

7 comments:

The Hawks said...

that is one of my favorite episodes! that is so sad too. that has happened to me a couple of times, but never to the whole wardrobe. it's usually just one or two items, and its always the same brand, so i like to think it's not my fault.:) love you!

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

So, if you haven't already taken that old wardrobe to the dump I would gladly take some clothes off your hands. Sydney doesn't mind stains.

Jasmine said...

That's so sad! I've had some laundry mis-haps, too, but nothing to that scale. At least you're able to laugh about it, right?

RaeAnn said...

easier (and more fun) to replace her wardrobe than mommies, right? It happens to the best of us girlie...you are not alone.

Ms. Boedee said...

Oh shoot. Shopping=fun times for you. Shopping=bad times for wallet! :)

Amber said...

ha ha! I'm sorry to laugh but I love that you compared it to this friends episode. I love friends and knew exactly how they said everything in this episode. I laughed the whole time. And then I thought of when Ross hits his head on the washer door ha ha. I love it. But I'm very sorry to hear about the catastrophe. Atleast she'll get some new clothes! Good for her right? ha ha

Erich said...

Gotta love Friends, so miss that show. Sorry about the clothes loss though that is one sad day. I am just impressed you've gone this long without that mishap.