Friday, July 17, 2009

Joy

Yesterday I went out to my garage and pulled out a box of clothes that has been packed up since we moved away from Las Vegas. It was the box marked "Wendy's Chubby Clothes." Although normally I would be sad to pull this box out of storage, this time nothing but happiness filled my little heart.
Today I went to the doctor and I got to hear the little whoosh whoosh whoosh of my new baby's heartbeat. I even got to see my little fig newton on an ultrasound and watch him (or her) wriggle around and kick me.
I've been a bit hormonal and cranky lately, but let me tell you, friends, there is almost nothing like that kind of joy. I'm trying to treasure it and remember it and be grateful for it.
Due February 3rd, which means I'm only 11 weeks, but I was so excited after seeing my midwife today that I couldn't hold it in. And I like to blab stuff sooner than I should. Just my nature.
Lots of love to all,
WendyAnne
and PS- Happy Birthday to my amazing Sister in Law, Rachel (Mike's sister) and my other amazing sister in law Celeste (My brother Ryan's wife). You are both SO great and I can't even tell you how happy I am that you are each in my life and I am lucky enough to be your friend. Hope your day is better than Christmas.

15 comments:

Kendra said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy and excited for you!!:0

Jasmine said...

Wow! Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! I hope that everything is going well for you guys in UT!

RaeAnn said...

WHOA! How wonderful. Since you guys made such a cute baby the first time around, you owe it to the world to keep those kids coming! Congratulations!!

Pam said...

Congrats Wendy- don't be mad, but your FIL blabbed the news to me back at reunion when he guessed that I was pregnant too! Looks like I am a week ahead of you. :) We REALLY need to have you guys up for dinner again!

JLMartin said...

Congrats!!!

Diane Conn said...

Wow, what good news! Congratulations!

Brittany said...

YEA! CONGRATS!!!!!! Home birth maybe? I think you should go for it!!

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

Yeah! Congratulations from the Tucks.

Charles Family said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting!

Montana Wilkins said...

Wow! Ten comments already. You must feel like the popular girl. ;o)
I'd say congrats, but I've known for a couple of months now, so that's old news coming from me. Can't wait to see the little cutie!
(Way to go on an amethyst in your mother's ring!)

Amber said...

Congrats guys!! We are so happy for ya!

The Hawks said...

Congrats!!!! I'll call you soon! Love you, girl!

Court and Brade said...

YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! so so so so so so so happy for you guys. Your little CJ is sure a little cutie, and I can't wait to see this next one too!!! You make cute kiddos. oh i am happy for you!!! Being a mom is the best!! hope you are feeling descent!

Torrey said...

WOOHOO!! congrats!