Thursday, September 10, 2009

100th Post

For my 100th post, I decided to share some random things that have been happening.
#1- Mike has been out of town on business for a while, and Cecily misses him. Especially at night, she asks "where daddy?" and she'll walk around the house saying "daddy, where aaaaaaare you?" Tonight was especially sad, and when I put her in her bed and left the room, I could hear her crying and saying "Sweetie, come back! No thank you, mama! Come back!" She calls me sweetie a lot, since that's what I call her. Anyway, I felt bad, so I went in and layed down on the floor next to the bed and held her hand. Then my tiny little babe started squirming and kickin' in my belly, and for the first time I felt like I had 2 kids.
#2- Yesterday I stopped at a red light on North Temple and Main, which is right next to the big mormon temple by my house. I looked to my left and recognized the man driving the car next to me, but I didn't remember exactly who it was right away. I thought "is he in my ward?" ......no...... "am I related to him?" ......no...... Then it dawned on me....... It was Elder Holland (who is kind of a big deal in the Mormon church and I probably should know who he is by now). After that I felt stupid ....... I've seen him on TV twice a year since forever. Living in downtown Salt Lake is weird sometimes. Good, but weird.
#3- I've decided to stop shopping at Wal-Mart. I went there yesterday and used coupons..... and the clerk treated me like I was trying to get away with something illegal. SO annoying. Plus, I really don't think I save that much by going there, and Smiths is WAY closer.
#4- Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and I miss my MSV. He's great.
#5- I've been thinking about motivation and self discipline a lot lately ('cause I suck at it) and I came across this quote by one of my favorite people of all time:
I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."
Leonardo DaVinci

4 comments:

Erich said...

Wow I need to check your blog more often. I didn't know you were pregnant, congrats! (it's been a busy summer I'm not usually such a blog slacker!) Congratualtions! Loved the MT pics, it made me miss home. You are quite the photographer. Glacier has to be one of the world's most gorgeous places. Anyhow iT was fun seeing pics of the ol' HHS crew.

Ms. Boedee said...

You make me smile. I love you! Next time, yell out your window, "Hey Hey Hi Hi Bro Holland!" that ought to stop traffic!

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

So, Wendy, I have to tell you that Brian and I are were totally thrown off by you referring to Mike as MSV. At first I turned to Brian, "What does that acronymn stand for?" I brainstormed :"My sexy vixen" but then I remembered that vixen is a female term. Brian came up with "Male servant and valet". Then, it dawned on Brian that the letters were initials. We didn't know what Mike's middle name was but we figured that had to be it since we knew Mike Vincent. Just thought you might laugh at that. But I thought it cute how you feel like you have two kids now! That is so exciting!

Brittany said...

Yeah, having a hubby out of town is so hard! Especially on the kids. I can totally understand.