I have a cute nephew named Jacob. There is also a creepy character on that tv show, "LOST", named Jacob. There's a toddler that goes to church with us named Jacob. But today, I met a new Jacob.
I'd like to introduce you to him:
Today Cecily named her first toy. She set it on the back of the toilet while I was doing my hair and started saying "Jacob! You have a ball, jacob! You have a hat, jacob!" To which Jacob would reply "yeah, a hat!"
Yes, it's a sprinkler. And, if you can't tell (it took me a while) it's an elephant holding a ball. Over the past month or so her little imagination has taken off. She plays with her finger puppets and dolls and talks to them and they sometimes say things back to her. Sometimes I can understand the "cecily language" she speaks, other times I can't, but it's always adorable.
She has always just called her dolls "babies" and her finger puppets are animals, so she just calls them what they are. This is the first time she ever realized that toys could have names too. I'm in love with her. She's great.
Also, this is the view from my kitchen window. I'm a lucky gal. One of the things I love about winter (and this apartment) is that when all the leaves fall off, I can see the temple out the window again. It's peaceful.
And ps- if you're a creepy person, please don't stalk me. I kind of just told you where I live, but I'm not that interesting and I have no money, so don't come to my house.............
3 comments:
That is an awesome view! And, aren't our kids the best?
What an incredible view!
Talk about an amazing view! I'm jealous. That is so cute that Cecily named her toy! And Jacob, of all things. I just think of Twilight Jacob ha ha.
PS The Hailey who married Cory from Carino's is actually Tracey Barnes' daughter. Remember Tracey? It's funny how many family members of staff members end up working there!
Post a Comment