Friday, January 22, 2010

becuase we all need a few blessings now and again

I know I've had an overabundance of introspective, "my thoughts" type of posts lately, but here's one more to add to the list.

Today was a little bit difficult.  I cried and I felt lonely.  I think we all feel that way sometimes, whether we're pregnant or not.  There are things in life that sometimes get us down, and getting back up again takes a bit of encouragement.   I was lucky enough today to get some encouragement.



Please don't get me wrong, nothing catastrophic happened today, it was just a lonely, feeling sorry for myself type of situation I was in. 



While Cecily napped (bless her heart) I started wandering through some friends blogs and found links to charities.  People asking other people to help with everything from Haiti, to sick children, to widowed wives. 
It made me grateful for my life, and helped me get off the pity pot.  An answer to prayer.



It also made me think about being mormon.  Mike and I give 10% of our income to our church.  Crazy?  Some might think so.  Amazing?  You'd say yes if you knew what I know. 
I know we have recieved more blessings than we deserve in part becuase of the monetary sacrifice we make.   I love it.



It makes me exstatic to be part of a church who is (as we speak) sending much needed help and aid to Haiti.  A lot of it.  The LDS church has the means to do it, and what is wonderful is that when they go, they go big. There are people working to give not only funds, but helping with sanitation, first aid, rescue, evacuation, and the list goes on.  They are there- and I (in a small way) am a part of that. 



God loves each of us.  He let me know today by giving me the opportunity to be sad, and then lifting me from my sadness and helping me remember how good I have it.  I know He loves me.  He loves you too. 

Love, Wendy

7 comments:

Jasmine said...

Thanks. Part of me needed to hear that today, too.

I'm reminded also (not quite sure why) of a quote from Evan Almighty (I know--not exactly the most inspirational or uplifting film, but this one line was):

"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"

Words for thought.

Laura Horne said...

You seriously need to call me on days like this. I am not that far away, I could be there in a jiff (or you could be here).

Browsing the Internet for charities is fine and dandy, but a good chick flick?? That'd do the trick ;)

Pam said...

Well said Wendy. :)

Brittany said...

I'm always inspired by what our church does. And that no matter what happens world wide, we're there.

I'm so excited you're going with a CNM. I used the same with Amelia. Be careful though, even with a midwife a hospital will still try to bully you into "prcedure" etc. They didn't believe me when I told them my water broke at home. They were overloaded with moms and didn't have ANY rooms open. They wouldn't let me shower because my water had broken. They told me I HAD to have an IV (even though I didn't want drugs) which tied me to the bed.

So I hope your hospital is more open to natural birth without interventions. That is IF you want to go natural. It's easy to get bullied when you're in labor and it's so tempting to get medication when at a hospital. =)

Anyways, I hope it goes great no matter what! Women are AMAZING!!!!

Nat-a-baby said...

Wendy, I have been touched so many times by your insightful posts on your blog. Thank you for sharing your testimony and feelings. We are truly blessed. Joe and I have also had those thoughts as we look at the reports from Haiti and we too are proud to be part of the church which has been on the forefront using our tithing dollars to help those in need.

I'll keep checking for the post about the little dude arriving!Good luck. Love you guys!

Russ Lay said...

Wendy you are a really good person. I love it that you are my sister.Ri ruv roo rorge.

Unknown said...

You're one of the greatest people ever!