Here's the update as of January 18th, 2010 at 12:40 in the AM, because I can't sleep and blog land makes sense in times such as these:
The baby boy has not been born.
He's still 100% on the inside (as my brother Russ would say).
I'm going on walks, and doing lunges and trying to "think" the baby out of me, but so far he's not really listening. I don't do castor oil and spicy foods aren't my cup o tea due to uncontrollable pregnancy heartburn. I wish I could tell you for sure when he's coming, but I just don't know. Probably not this week, but maybe next week, and maybe the week after that. Whenever it is, we'll be happy happy happy he's here.
People kept asking me what my due date exactly is when they saw me waddle into church today....... Here's what I told them: ".........(long pause)..... uuuuh, some time in the next few weeks he'll be here............ (insert fake smile)."
It's impossible to stay pregnant forever, right? Right. Good. I'll just keep repeating that in my head.
In other, less exciting news:
My husband casually said to me the other night, "Hehe! Honey, guess what? Your belly button kindof looks like a little meatball stuck to your tummy."
To all the men of the world I would say this: "Please don't ever refer to ANY part of a woman's body as a piece of meat, even her belly button. Especially when that woman is your wife, and is in her 9th month of carrying your man-child, and is sacrificing her body to the babymomma gods." Granted, I do it willingly, but seriously, A MEATBALL??? Can you pick anything less sexy? Nope, didn't think so.
Oh, that boy has so much to learn, and oh how I love him in spite of it.
Anyway, Cecily is going to wake up in the morning and need some things, so I'd better get to bed. I keep telling her that being bathed and fed is over-rated, but she keeps wanting me to do it for her anyway. Silly goose.

8 comments:
A meatball?!?!? Seriously, Mike.
I think it's a guy thing--maybe meat is sexy?
i hope your little dude gets here soon. i can't wait to see pictures!
paul thought he was really funny when he pointed to me and said, "cool, cankles". Not funny.
Wow Michael you know exactly what to say. But the funny thing is, was that I could hear Mike say "Hee Hee Hee". Lol. Anyways I am pretty sure Bren would've said the same thing!
ha ha ha Mike! What the crap. Boys are funny. I sure hope that baby comes soon!
lol....Wendy I miss you!
I ahve enjoyed reading your blog. One of the things that stand out about it is that your a Christian. Thank you for letting me into your little world.
You poor thing! I'm still in that great second trimester phase but remember so clearly (because it wasn't that long ago) that horrid
9th month. I think he'll be here in the next few days, perhaps the 23rd? I'm excited for you!
Post a Comment