I found a quote about being a mother and I wanted to share:
"Children are a burden to a mother, but not in the way a heavy box is to a mule. Our children weigh hard on my heart, and thinking about them growing up honest and healthy, or just living to grow up at all, makes a load in my chest that is bigger than the safe at the bank, and more valuable to me than all the gold inside it." From "These is my words" by Nancy Turner
My children are more valuable to me than all the gold in all the world.
I am so glad to have the burden of caring so much that I think it might crush my heart some days.
Hugs and love to my mom, my sister, my aunts, my girlfriends, my cousins, and all the women who have been my "mom" at one point or another. Happy Mother's Day...... a little late.
3 comments:
I just finished reading that book a few weeks ago. So inspiring! (It made me cry, too.)
Thanks for sharing!
Happy Mothers Day to you too, Wendy. I love the post!
Wendy, I love that quote. Children are amazing, but mother's are even more amazing. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
Post a Comment