Wednesday, May 5, 2010

a name and a blessing



We blessed Nolan on May 2nd in our ward here in SLC.  There was lots of family to share our joy and lots of food to go around.  Oh, how I love my little dude. 

Nolan shared his blessing day with a little baby girl in our ward named Lily.  She is 2 weeks younger than him, and darling ta' boot.  Her adorable mother got up after the blessing to share her testimony and spoke of the miracle that Lily is.   Lily's mom was 37 when she married and had two extremely difficult miscarriages.  Then, at 39, the doctors told her that there was no real chance of conciving again. 

Then came Lily.

It was so amazing to listen to the miracles that occured to bring that sweet baby girl into the world and  how indescribably grateful her parents are for her. I was also filled with an overwhelming sense of gratitude for my own two little ones and the miracles which they are as well.   
It's something that I need to remind myself of daily. 

Try harder
Love deeper
Be more patient
Ask for less, be grateful for more.

I was so glad that we got to share the day with Lily and her family. 
It made it even more special.

Also, I need to give a shout out to my hubbs who did a great job and gave Nolan an amazing blessing, even though he was nervous.  I sure do love that man.  And it's a good thing that I do, since I had his babies and all.

Anyway, afterward we had food at our house and here's lots of pics:

Great Grandpa Ronald, Grandpa Scott, Nolan, and Great Grandma Lenore


Uncle Jeff, Stephen, Esther, Celina, and Nolan


Nolan  and (for the sake of simplicity) we'll call her "Aunt" Pam.  She's related and we love she and her family tons!


Cecily with cookie all over her face.  She looked like this the entire day.  I'd wash- she's eat another cookie.  I'd wash she'd eat yet ANOTHER cookie.


Cute cute cute cousin Esther. 


Four generations of Vincent men.


My parents and us.


Mike's dad and grandparents and us.


Mike's dad, siblings, and grandparents with Nolan.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

It looks like it was a fabulous blessing day for Nolan! I'm sorry we couldn't be there, but we were definitely thinking about you all and how much we love you!

Montana Wilkins said...

As I said, the Cecily cookie picture is way cute and funny. And the picture of prim and proper Esther is so darling!
Good job getting many, many group pics. Ross might have protested. You've seen it before. :o)
Nolan is super cute in his outfit. Did you take any individual pictures of him? If not, just stick him in the outfit again and snap a few. You can pretend it was on the actual day. :o)
Love you!