Saturday, July 24, 2010

Standin' on daddy's hand

I don't know where or with whom the tradition started..... or if it even is a tradition. 
 My dad used to get his babies to stand on his hand and my mom would snap a picture.  I'm pretty sure (although not entirely sure) that somewhere in the boxes which are scattered across my parents basement are pictures of me and each of my siblings standing on my daddy's hand when we were about 5 or 6 months.  Ryan could do it when he was, like, 2 weeks old or something because he was a gajillion pounds when he was born (OK, only 11, but still- in baby pounds that's a gajillion). 

AAAAAnyway, I think it's fun to keep this "tradition" alive, so we've been doing it with our kiddo's, and I must say- they are DANG full of cuteness while they're doing their trick. 

Cecily at our house in Vegas,  March of 2008.


Nolan in our living room in Salt Lake, July of 2010

In other news: 
Mike is still lookin' for a job and working on his MBA and CPA, and I'm still working at Chang's.  We have felt lots and lots of blessings throughout this whole  unemployment thing.

Cecily has been doing really great potty training. And ps- please don't lecture me about how old she is.  Don't worry it's been done several times before and I am FULLY aware that lots of kids younger than her are potty trained.  Thanks.   Anyway- she's doing awesome and I am super happy to not have to spend 50 bucks a month on diapers anymore. 
She has been so funny lately and has this crazy cool imagination.  Today she dragged a bunch of blankets in to the living room proceeded to sit in the middle of them.  Then she informed me that her eggs were hatching and pretty soon we would have some baby birds to play with baby Nolan. 

Speaking of Nolan.  He's pretty much a giant, and the cutest little giant ever.   He's 19 pounds (yeah, I know) and is SoOoOoOoO tall.  He's taller than one of the 11 month olds who goes to church with us, although he looks skinnier.  He is rolling everywhere, cutting a tooth, and has a blazing high pitched scream that could pierce your eardrums.  He also LLLLLoves to giggle.  I don't know how to post video or I'd show you and you would smile.   

But for now, this will have to do:
no idea what the dribble on his chin is...

4 comments:

JLMartin said...

Congrats with the potty training. I've LOVED not having to change diapers for a few months...although Andrew still isn't tall enough to get on the toilet himself. Your kids are so cute!

The Hawks said...

ummm...why do you have to live on the other side of the country? remember when we were neighbors for two weeks? if only...anyway, nolan is the cutest thing ever! as is cecily, of course. congrats on the potty training. i wish maya would do that. she's still a little young though and considering she doesn't talk it might be a little challenging, but that's a whole other issue. anyway, glad you guys are doing good. miss you and love you A LOT!

Diane Conn said...

Hey, don't worry about her being "older" than others for potty training. Every kid is different and the oldest child in the family always takes longer than the rest. The younger siblings all seam to catch on sooner, I think its because they watch the older kid(s) and want to do it too. Andrew was almost 4 when he was completely out of pull ups while Sarah was under 2. You're doing a great job, and as long as she doesn't go to kindergarden in diapers, she's good!

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

So we've been trying to potty train Sydney because she likes to pull off her dirty and wet diapers so we figure she's ready. It's not really going so whatever. And Cecily is not even 3 yet is she? I swear my little sister wasn't potty trained until she was 5. You're doing fine. Adding videos are a piece of cake. There's a video button where you post your blog. It can only upload one video at a time and it can take a while depending on your video size but it's not too bad. I open and save my video files in a computer program like Windows Movie Maker which will make the file size smaller. hope that made sense.