Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Birthday, America!

I know, it's the 31st and I'm just now posting about our 4th celebrations. What can I say? It's summer and (like I've mentioned before) I'm miss lazy pants lately.
Sooooooooooo, Happy 4th of July!

We spent the morning in Red Lodge at a small town parade they have every year.  Red Lodge is a really small town in the mountains about an hour away from Billings.  It is the birthplace of one of the best people I know, my cute dad. It was a fun little parade and can I just say, I LOVE small towns!


 After the parade we took a drive up the Beartooth highway, which is really scenic and beautiful.  The kids napped, so it was a win/win for all of us. 
 Our kids get super cranky without sleep, so we decided to fore go the big fireworks displays this year.  They all started at 10pm, and our little chickletts just can't stay up that late.  I know, we're mean.
But, we set a few off on the street in front of our house and it was oodles of fun.  I even set some off this year- which I have been REALLY afraid to do before.  The kiddos thought it was spectacular.   


So, happy birthday to the US of A. 
I'm happy I live here, even if our leaders can't figure out the budget.

1 comment:

Montana Wilkins said...

I'm kinda jealous that you've been to Red Lodge and I haven't. And I know I'm jealous that you drove the Beartooth Highway because I've always wanted to. And Cecily with her hands over her ears is really cute!

Word verification: premperl
Kinda sounds like a product for happy week.;o)