It's summer and I am lazy. Well, actually I've had better things to do than blog. Vacation, yardwork, pool parties, parks, YMCA, books, and house projects have taken up the better part of the last month. I've got a lot of catching up to do on my 2011 journal keeping :). Forgive me if I'm a little wordy on this post.
I'm going to start with our vacation to California at the end of June. Mike's family goes camping at the beach every year, and we drove the 20 hours (yep, 20. hours. eek.) all the way to sunny Cali.
Here's the deal, though: My SD card from our trip has gone missing. GAG. I put it in a "safe place" the day we left, and it has yet to be uncovered. So all the images on this post are stolen from various friends blogs and facebooks. Hey girls, thanks!
We stopped in Cedar City, UT to see our friends, the Kay family who moved there recently from Vegas. We MISS them! I took some super cute pics, which I will post when I find them. We traversed all over the acreage by thier house, which subsequently kicked me into an allergy frenzy (more on that later) but, it was amazing to see them.
Eventually we arrived on the west coast and, let me tell you,
Southern California is always a good time.
AND, without further ado, here's our pictures:
These are two cutie pie beach babies. Cecily and Brielle (my niece) are so funny together. They hadn't seen each other since thanksgiving, but they picked up like no time had passed. Laughing, yelling, dancing, and posing for pictures together.
Nolan ate quite a bit of sand.
Cecily's face in this picture is SO what my crazy child is all about. She is so funny.
"Cray-Cray" as Aunt Rachel says.
Nolan's face was dirty pretty much the entire time. After a while, I stopped caring :)
AAAAAAnd, this pic of mike is cute. Love that man.
Aren't we totally Blue Crush?
I'm in the center.
This was the first year I've been able to try boogie boarding because in '07 and '09 I was preggers.
SOOOOOO fun.
We went to Santa Barbara and rented a pedal car thing.
The kids loved it and it was fun to pedal all over the road and beach and stuff.
There was a cute park for the kids near the campground.
At the end of the week we went back to LA and showered! Then grandmas, mommies, and daughters went to Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland. No Boys allowed! WOOOOOOOT!
Tickets to the park weren't in the budget, so instead we went to dinner. Goofy's Kitchen is a buffet where the characters come by as you're eating and say hello. Cecily got to see Sleeping Beauty, Chip & Dale, Pluto, and a few others I can't remember (no SD card! doh!).
Tickets to the park weren't in the budget, so instead we went to dinner. Goofy's Kitchen is a buffet where the characters come by as you're eating and say hello. Cecily got to see Sleeping Beauty, Chip & Dale, Pluto, and a few others I can't remember (no SD card! doh!).
Here's all the cute girls in the princess shirts we got them waiting to go in to Goofy's Kitchen.
Kaelynn, Jessica, Brielle, Cecily, and Natalia.
Kaelynn Jessica and Natalia are Jake (Mike's cousin) and Francesca's cute girls.
Back: Fran, Rachel, Goofy!, Grandma April, Aunt Cindy, & Me
Front: Brielle, Jessica, Kaelynn, Natalia, and Cecily
Girlies and Mommies
It was a TON TON TON of fun to see Mike's Craven side of the family. It was a jam packed week of fun fun fun. We love them (you) dearly and can't wait until we can come visit the sunshine coast again.








1 comment:
Yep. Totally jealous! TOTALLY! Tell me we'll get down there again. As much as I love, love, love Montana (and you KNOW I do) I NEEEEEEEEED to take my fam to sunny Cali. It looks like you had a wonderfully amazing time! Love the pics. Cecily is as photogenic as her mommy. Kisses.
Word verification: datsta
I will now use this word in a sentence:
DATSTA craziest thing I've ever seen!
Post a Comment