I should blog about Christmas.
I should blog about moving.
I should blog about the 10 Commandments Challenge (and about my lack of posts on that subject... I have a reason, I swear. Maybe not a good reason, but a reason :)
I have all these blog posts that I need to catch up on... not for your sake, but for mine (because in reality, don't we all blog for ourselves anyway?).
But, I'm not going to blog about those things.
Instead, I'm going to link you to THIS post- titled, "Waking up full of awesome."
The two cuties on the left are most definitely full of awesome.
I found this originally because an old childhood friend linked to it on facebook. I haven't seen this friend since highschool. Actually, I haven't really even spoken to her since about 4th grade, although we completed all 12 grades at the same schools. She and I were best friends in first grade. She had a blue coat with fur on the hood. I had the same coat with fur on the hood, only mine was pink. I think our uniform kinda solidified our bestfriendness. We were awesome. We grew up and started to make friends with different people. There were no fights or "I don't want to be your friend anymore's". We just grew up and had different interests, I guess. Anyway, my point is that we were most definitely full of awesome in first grade, and sometimes I forget that I am still. Occasionally I feel like someone stole my awesome. But, they didn't. I just forgot about it for a while.
Read it. Love it. Be full of awesome.
And have a fantastico new year.
Post Script:
I have a love/hate relationship with the site I linked. While I don't completely subscribe to the "my daughter can't be a princess because princesses don't DO anything" mentality, I do think there is merit in encouraging your daughter (and yourself) to stop worrying about how you look and start worrying about what you can accomplish. However, I also let my daughter play with dolls and be girlie, because frankly- there is merit in that too. I just don't want her to think she can't acheive or become the things boys can because it's "not girly." She can do anything she wants to, including baseball AND barbie dolls.
2 comments:
Amen! I am a princess and barbie supporter.
Read it. Loved it. Have thought about 'awesome' for the last few days while waking up. Which.. in itself, it super awesome. Ha. Love you.
Post a Comment