Saturday, March 31, 2012

First Race Of The Summer

Just before we loaded up the bus to go freeze at the starting line!
Mike and I ran a 10K on St. Patrick's day!

  It was in Bozeman, MT and it was SO COOL.  Everyone got a free pint of beer at the end of the race, which would have been amazing if only we drank beer.  We don't, so it was a teeny bit anticlimactic. 
 I'm kidding!  It was still fun!  
Not to mention we ate lunch with my good friends Erin and Leslie afterward, so there was no beer necessary for a good time. 


We want to run as many races as we can this summer and whip our booty's in to shape.
There's something so awesome about races! I hate training, but the races make it all worth it.  I don't know why, but running with other people around to challenge you and push you is 100X the excitement. 


I ended up with a time of 1:00:47and Mike was just behind me with 1:07:42.  I really wished I could have made it in before the 1 hour mark, but I stopped for a port-o-potty break at about mile 2, so I lost a few minutes.  Next time, I guess!

1 comment:

Amber Horch said...

I'm super impressed! I wish I liked to run. :)