Wednesday, November 28, 2012

September 2012


September

While October is always crazy in our family, September seems to stay easy and breezy.  My cutie pie started pre-school at a local Lutheran church.  It's the only preschool in town, and people said good things about it.

  I was excited for the social experience of it for CJ, as well as helping her get ready to sit through a day of school.  In about mid-October, however, we decided to take her out of the program.  While it wasn't necessarily a BAD little preschool, we just didn't feel like Cecily was benefiting from it all that much.  Plus, it was 100 bucks a month for 3 days a week, 2.5 hours each class- and they only had 30-40 minutes of academic time!  The rest was Bible stories, free play time, recess, and snack time.  I get that the whole thing CAN'T be academic, but it just didn't seem worth it.

Every day when I asked her what she had learned she would say "uhhhh, nothing."  She already knows her numbers and letters, so most of anything they taught was old news to her. 

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of dinosaur units, and under the sea curriculum, exploring space and all those fun things.  I guess we can't all get exactly what we want, huh? 

In the meantime, we are doing "mommy preschool" which, let me tell you, Cecily was not excited for when I told her about it.  But she's warmed up to the idea. We're going on a nature walk today.  Hooray.

And, I have to mention this, because I think its SO funny.  They would sing "Bingo was his name-o" only they would substitute J-E-S-U-S for B-I-N-G-O.  The first time I heard it I literally burst out laughing because it was so ridiculous (and kinda sac-religious? teeny bit?). 
She looked really cute on her first day, though!


It's official: she rocks my socks off.


The next few pics just show you how goofy my girl is.

Add caption


 

 
 



At the end of the month we traveled to Helena and got family pictures done by a friend of mine from high school.  She did a great job and got lots of candid, beautiful shots of my kids and our family.  While posed pics are great, I love the natural feel of candid shots SO much too.  You can take a peek at them here if you want.  Or, leave me a comment with your address and I'll send you a Christmas card!  Even better!
That Saturday morning, Mike and I also ran a little 5K that was put on through some kids at Carroll College.  It was to benefit Haiti (not sure exactly who in Haiti..... but I'm sure it was really great), so we went and ran our hearts out with a bunch of college kids.  When we got there we looked around and, with the exception of a very few, we were the oldest ones there.  HA! 
Us "old folks" in our runnin' gear.
October is coming and it's going to be another huge post!
 Don'tcha just LOVE 'em????
  Wooooooooooooop!

No comments: