Thursday, January 24, 2013

Christmas!

 

The beginning of December was all a blur, to be honest........ I was so stressed getting ready to go to California to visit Mike's family for Christmas that my life took a back seat to my preparation.  I got most of my Christmas cards out..... if you didn't get one and wanted one- I'm so super sorry.  I was a crazy lady.  Can we still be friends??  Maybe next year??
 
On the 10th (6 days before our departure) not only did our (one and a half year old) Washing machine decide to break, but the people who were renting our house in Billings called and said they were going to break the lease.  Not a good day, my friends. 
I'll go in to the renter saga later, but for now: suffice it to say that it was not good news 6 days before we were supposed to leave. 
 
The kids and I headed off to Helena and spent the first night with my parents, then we drove to Twin Falls, ID to spend the night with my awesome brother Ryan and his family. 
THEY ARE THE COOLEST! 
They actually let me stay an extra night because Donner Pass (the ginormous, awful, snowy, terrible, slick, sucky pass between NV and CA) was supposed to be a covered in ice, and I didn't want to risk death.  It was so nice of them.  The night before we left I told CJ she had to go to sleep because we had to drive all the way to California the next day and she said "Awww, MOM!  Can't we just stay here forever?  Because this place is AAAAAWESOME." 
CJ and Olivia (Ryan's 6 year old daughter) were totally best friends and had lots of fun watching "Barbie: The Princess and the Popstar" 7 dozen times.  CJ keeps asking me when we're going to buy it.  Uhhhhhhh, soon I'm pretty sure, honey. 
 
We finally got to Cali Tuesday night, after nearly 4 days on the road, and it was SO great to see the fam!  We don't get to see Mike's family nearly enough and we wish we (or they?) lived closer for sure. 
Mike flew in on Friday and we had a great few days just hanging out and spending time with the siblings and parents. 
Here's a play by play of our Christmas Eve/Christmas Day festivities:
Feel free to scroll through fast- Truth is, I probably do it to your blog as well. 
Smooch.
Christmas Eve Cookies for Santa

See's Candy line with the extended family.  A Vincent Tradition!

Me creepy photobombing

"The Christmas Cookie Sprinkle Snitcher" 
Another awesome Vincent tradition.
 
 
Christmas Morning presents!
 
 


The whole sleepy family (except Laura?)

The whole crazy family


Bren wearing the boy's dress up clothes.  Awesome.

CJ had a nervous breakdown when she opened the
dressup gowns and she didn't get Cinderella, but Brielle had.
  Luckily, Brielle  was AMAZING about it and she traded. 
Don't know what to do with my drama queen!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: