Tuesday, February 12, 2013
AAAAAAAnd, I'm pregnant
Not that this is news to anyone (really- anyone who reads this is probably also a friend on facebook), but I am pregnant with our third little person. We are just so excited and we feel like this is the perfect time to add a tiny addition to our family. We found out on the 24th of September when I was only 4 weeks along, and MAN it was hard to keep the good news to ourselves! That weekend we went to see my parents in Helena and it was honestly ALL I COULD DO to keep from blurting it out during every conversation.
This pregnancy has been different from the last two in some ways, but they're all really amazing and magical and I seriously love being pregnant. I got much more nauseous this time around, and the entire pregnancy has seemed a lot more "by the book" than my other two. I'm feeling all the symptoms the books say I should feel, which wasn't the case the last few times. But , I am feeling great and we are just jumping for joy at the thought of more little feets puttering around.
I'm nearly 25 weeks right now, which makes me due May 31st. My babies always seem to want to cook extra long in there, so I'm thinking this will be a June baby.
Cravings this time have been chicken noodle soup and spinach. Weird, I know. With CJ it was strawberries, Nolan it was soft serve ice cream.
We found out a few weeks ago that we are in for more cars, trucks, dirt and craziness because its a BOY baby!
Honestly, I thought I wanted a girl. I want CJ to have a sister to bond with. I was a little sad. But, (call me corny) the other day I was driving around Billings after my OB appointment and the song "If he's anything like me" by Brad Paisley came on the radio. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZazrQYirYLs
Pregnancy hormones took over and suddenly I was bawling like a baby and full of love and gratitude for my Mikey, and then filled with love and gratitude for my Nolan, and then filled with joy and excitement for my new lil man.
SO, since we all know that being pregnant is seriously incredible and sometimes really hard, here's my list of favorite and not so favorite things:
Favorite things:
1. My boobs re-inflate! Like, seriously amazing boobs. I'm pretty sure the other day I was in an elevator and a 13 year old said to me "Wow, I like your dress." and I replied with "Thanks! It's because I've got these amazing boobs to fill it out!" ...I'm pretty sure that was me, anyway.
2. No guilt food. I spent the better part of the last 3 years since Nol was born worrying about my food intake, and now it feels WONDERFUL to just eat what I want and dance a little jig about it.
3. Kicks. Freaking cool!
4. Cecily feeling a kick and FREAKING out because she thought it was so funny and amazing.
5. Nol lifting up my shirt every 5 minutes and saying "I jus kiss da baby." He also loves to refer to him as "Da super baby."
6. Remembering the fact that a REAL human can actually grow inside my body and then come out and be a REAL human. A real person with real everything. I know its a natural thing, but man- it's so cool.
Not so favorite things:
1. I fall asleep at random times during the day, despite the fact that I have 2 hellians to watch and make sure they don't burn the house down. I'm SUPER tired with this lil dude.
2. My nose is stuffy most days.
3. I'm getting way bigger with this one than with the last ones. I'm always insecure when people ask me when I'm due and I always say something like "Well, not until May, but this is my third so I'm showing really early!" and then I realize that I really shouldn't care if I'm big, and most of the time the people I'm talking to don't really care either. They're just happy for me, so I should be happy.
4. I cry every 5 minutes. Just ask my Sunday School class. I love teaching, but I think they got tired of every week hearing "(sniff sniff) I'm so sorry! (sniff sniff) I'm seriously SOO pregnant right now!" and things of that nature.
5. Paranoia runs RAMPANT with me during pregnancy. I am such an overprotective mom that my poor husband wants to smack me upside the head some days.
6.. SCIATICA. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I hate that nerve. I could get so much more done in a day if I could just stand up.
In all reality, I don't have it all that bad, and I know lots of women struggle more than me, or struggle to even get pregnant- so really I have nothing to complain about.
We are excited, and blessed, and all those wonderful things. There's lots of joy around here these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You are truly one of the cutest, most fun pregnant people ever!!! You make me smile!!
You are truly one of the cutest, most fun pregnant people ever!!! You make me smile!!
You are so stinking cute! When I was pregnant I got really self conscience when people would say "wow, you are pretty small for twins!" I was like I swear I am drinking protein shakes twice a day! BTW...you look AMAZING!
You are AWESOME!!! Enjoy being pregnant, it is a magical time......before ou know it your kids will be in high school and you will envy all of the cute pregnant women!!!!
Love and hugs!!!
Take care hun!!!
You are AWESOME!!! Enjoy being pregnant, it is a magical time......before ou know it your kids will be in high school and you will envy all of the cute pregnant women!!!!
Love and hugs!!!
Take care hun!!!
I am seriously so excited for you! You're looking great! (I did one of those cell-phone-in-the-mirror pics a couple weeks ago...I'm not cool enough to pull it off either. Haha!)
YAY! I feel enormous this time and I've decided that when people ask when I'm due I'm going to say, "Any day now." They're never going to see me again anyway. :)
Post a Comment