A few days after Christmas, Mike's parents took us all to San Francisco. Oh, my. San Fran is so lovely and we had a wonderful wonderful day. There is something that completely enthralls me about big cities! Places like New York, Seattle, Chicago and San Fran have always fascinated me, even thought I'm a small town gal at heart.
SO anyway, San Francisco is one of the most beautiful, cultural, and fun places to visit! We started off the day with a tour of Alcatraz. I'm a history lover, so this was SO STINKIN' COOL. What was so amazing about it was that after the prison was shut down, everything was just left there. Nothing really changed. It's not like its all been "restored" to the way it was back then or anything, it just is. I loved every minute of it. And my kids were crazy (as per usual).
 |
These two girlies. I tell ya- they were so funny together.
This pic is from the boat ride over to Alcatraz |
 |
The "1866" is from when the island was a fort back during the civil war era.
Stuff like this makes me giddy. (I'm a nerd! I know!) |
 |
| The whole gang (minus Laura- who was sick. Boo!) |
 |
| Rachel's too sexy for her own good |
 |
I know this photo is silly, but Nolan had so much
fun teasing his Grandpa Vincent. He kept saying
" I will 'neak up on Gampa, Mom!"
This is why we visit California even if it takes a 24 hour drive to get there.
Love, memories, and time with the Vincents. |
 |
| Looking at SanFran from Alcatraz |
 |
| Nolan sure loves his Uncle Eric. They're both goofballs! |
 |
| I love my boys. |
So, pretty much my camera batteries crapped out right after I took this picture. BOOOOOOOOOO. I have no pictures of our clam chowder bread bowls. I have none of Ghirradelli square. I have none of me whining and crying because my sciatic nerve hurt..... oh, wait.... you probably don't want those. But anywhoo, the day was filled with family and good memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment