Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sittin' on the dock of Monterey



I'm still not done with Christmas vacation. Whatev.  I'm cool with it.
So, a few days after we went to SanFran, Mike decided he couldn't live without a trip to Monterey Bay. It is super beautimous and I have never been before so we packed up the car and scurried out west to the edge of America again.

We started off with a little stop at Casa de Fruita.  The coolest little fruit stand/store/park thing in Cali.  Well, that I know of...




Upon arriving in Monterey we hit up Dennis the Menace park, which lemmetellya- is huge and fun! We filled our tummies with peanut butter and jelly and sand and let the kiddos run wild.  It was kinda epic.


uuuuhhhh- cutest girl ever?  yup. 




He never stops moving

Then it was OFF TO THE BAY!  We walked around the pier by the hugest aquarium ever and had a grand old time.  I'm planning a stupendous day long trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium the next time we are in Cali, but this trip we just breathed the salty sea air and enjoyed each other's company. 


My child and her weird faces. Oh, dear. 
                                               

Attempting a family pic.... didn't work out so well...






At sunset we drove around the coast to take pictures, and then went to dinner and had yummy fish.  Well, Mike did anyway.  I don't really like fish unless they're battered and deep fried and served with a healthy portion of fries and tartar sauce.  And at that point does it even qualify as fish anymore?  It was OOOOOH so tasty, though!


The thing I loved most about Monterey was seeing my husband there.   That man is just so at peace on the California coast.  Yes, we were crazy with our 2 kids, and Mike's siblings, and everything else, but it was worth it.  For some reason, the ocean calms and excites him at the same time.  I think it makes him feel alive, and when we truly feel alive our spirit is calm and we are at peace.  Same goes for me and my Montana mountains.  It's in the blood somehow.  And that is a great thing.   

No comments: