Saturday, May 18, 2013

BUNNIES! AND EGGS! Oh, yeah- and Church too...

 
SUPER low key is how I would describe our Easter this year. 
I love holidays as much as the next gal, but I've decided I'm not a pinterest mom. 
At least not while building a tiny human in my uterus.
On Saturday morning I mustered up enough energy to dye some eggs with the lil bugs.  My girl LOVES hard boiled eggs, and dying them pretty colors was the bomb.com in her eyes.
 
 
 
As much as I complain about living in nowhereland, our little community does a lot of cool things.  One of those cool things is their annual Easter Egg Hunt. 
Basically, people donate a boatload of eggs, they line the kids up by age and let them loose on a field full of brightly colored plastic loads of goodness. It's free and it's fun.




See the 5 dollar bill in there?  People are apparently super
 generous.  CJ made 7 bucks and Nolan made 9.  CRAY-ZAY!
 
 
On Sunday the kiddos opened baskets and then we headed off to Church. 
It was fun talking to Cecily about the Atonement and about Jesus and WHY we celebrate Easter,  because she's just getting old enough to start comprehending a little bit about the subject. 
We talked about sacrifice and about how much Jesus loves us and how much He wants us to return to live with Him and Heavenly Father. 
She sort-of has this attitude like "Huh.  Well, that's cool, I guess! How nice of Him!"
And I think so too.

Here's the kiddos Easter baskets.  I made CJ a circle skirt
and Nolan a little tie.  He wore the tie for 4.5 seconds, and then I bribed
him with candy to wear it for the picture I posted below. 
 
I'm not even kidding when I tell you that this was the best shot we took. Sheesh.
 


No comments: