Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Big Man

Mike's birthday was also in February, so here's his 3 month late update as well:
 
I made him Boston Cream Cupcakes this year. 
OHMYHOLYDELICIOUSNESS. 
They are just yellow cake cupcakes with vanilla pudding
 in the middle of them and chocolate ganache on top. 
Go make them. Right now.  You won't be sad.
 
 
-He totally loves me and thinks I'm awesome.  Which, let's face it, I am.  And humble.
 
-He is still working as a contract analyst/finance guy/accountant for the coal mine here in MT.  Ever the nomads, we are probably not going to be here forever, but it's good for now.
 
-He is studying like a crazy man for his CPA exams. (Interesting fact:  80% of people taking the Bar Exam pass their first time taking it.  Only 50% of 1st time takers pass the CPA.   This could be skewed because the CPA has 4 separate exams instead of just one.  But I thought it was a little crazy.   Here's hoping Mike is one of the 50%!)
 
-My kids use him as a jungle gym every day.  He always asks, "Why is it that ANY time I'm home, whether I'm sitting or standing, the kids just want to climb all over me?"  I think it's because Mom yells at them to get off?  Just a theory....
 
-We sure like him around these parts.  He's just a good man and a good father and a hard worker.  And really, can  you ask for more than that?  I lucked out.
 
 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We love Michael Scott. He is amazing here is my list why:

-He let me steal his sweat shirts in highschool. (Not really let me, but it was still cool)

-He makes fun of my non-cooking skills but then lets me eat some of his food.

-He is an awesome Uncle. My kids adore him.

-He talks like a surfer but he has a brain of genius!

-He is so HANDSOME!

Love you guys......and miss all your faces.