WHAT THE 3 YEAR OLD?? I seriously can't believe my lil man is 3 already. Actually, he's 3 years and nearly 3 months old at this point, but that's only because I'm super slackoid mama lately and haven't blogged.
So, here's the latest on my little/big boy:
- He is extremely affectionate and LOVES hugs, kisses and backrubs. All are a delightful pass time for me, his adoring mama.- He loves babies and asks to give them kisses whenever he sees them. There's a few new babies at church and Nolan makes all the mom's hearts melt because he's so loving toward them. He was 1 month shy of being old enough to go to sunbeams this january (grrr), but he's the "big helper" in there, so I guess it's ok. He gets the binkie's and blankets for the 18 month olds and tries to comfort them if they cry. So sweet.
- High energy doesn't even begin to describe what this kid is. He's SUPER-jump-up-and-down-martha-energy-man. Seriously, sometimes I feel like I can't keep up.
- He is very smart, and very articulate. It's so interesting to see the differences between my two kiddos. CJ is smart in such different areas and different ways than her younger bro. He LOVES all things shapes and colors, but isn't as interested in letters and numbers as his older sis was at his age. He can identify his name and all the letters in it, so that's a start, right?
- He tries SO hard to be included with his big sis and her friends. He tags along with the older kids and is happy as a clam even if they aren't doing much to include him.
-He will be THE BEST big brother. Kisses and zerbers on my tummy are a favorite of his, and he also loves giving my belly "yiddle squeezes!" He has also started hoarding toys in the corner of his room for "baby bludder."
-His speech is great, but for some reason he switches the R sound for the L sound when it's the second sound in a word. He says "Blowken" for Broken, and "Flidge" for Fridge. What is funny to me is that he can say "Rocket" just fine, but if the r sound is second he mixes it up with L.
- He LOVES to tease and joke with us, and his humor is predictable and 3 year old and darling.
-He's still measuring off the charts for height and around 60th % for weight. Long and lean is how we grow 'em round here.
-He gets in to the pantry and fridge constantly and tries to sneak food ALL. THE. TIME.
- Favorite foods: pepperoni pizza, apples, oranges, and any candy he can get his paws on.
-Other favorite things: Jammies. His doggy pillow pet. Time with daddy. Morning backrubs from mom.
Here's his birthday party pics:
We did a family party this year. I am a mom who likes to celebrate, but I'm not a crazy go-all-out-with-a-theme-and-invite-the-circus-as-well-as-everyone-you've-ever-met type of mom. Maybe I could be if we were closer to family, but this year it was just our little clan. And we are great. | Helping with dinner! And singing. |
| Under the birthday banner! Happy #3! |
| Ripping presents open with his teeth. He's very efficient :) |
| Avenger shoes! |
| It was so fun for me to see his excitement about a plastic pair of binoculars. I love being his mom. |
| New "laptop" for Nolan. |
| The cake! Notice how he still has the binoculars around his neck and he wouldn't let us put the laptop away. Silly kid. |
| Funfetti cake! Delish. |
This 3 year old sure is a blessing. He makes me happy when skies are grey. And, while there are days when I swear he could drive a woman to drink, most of the time he is simply a joy and a bright spot in our lives.
1 comment:
My goodness our boys have a lot in common (except size... my little man is just that... little). Oh how I wish we lived closer so our kidlets to get to know each other properly...
Post a Comment