Is this real? Hello? Where did my baby girl go? Am I seriously 31?
These are things I ask myself daily.
I actually didn't even cry on her first day. I took her to school and it wasn't until she got in line and walked through the doors that I had a moment of emotion.
And honestly, I didn't get the "my baby's growing up!" tears. It was just a moment where I was overwhelmed with "Have I done enough?"
Have I taught her to be kind enough? Have I helped her to be independent enough? Have I encouraged her to be thankful and grateful? Have I instilled a love of learning?
As she walked through the doors I found myself feeling like from here on out, it was me against the world. My influence vs the influence of teachers, peers, curriculum, and the media. I think maybe a lot of moms and dads feel that way.
And man, is she the cutest kindergartener or what?

No comments:
Post a Comment