
So, I'm the enrichment leader in my ward........... (I think practically everyone that reads my blog is LDS, but for anyone who isn't, here's what that means in non-mormon language: I'm the craft and home-making lady at church who organizes gatherings for various spiritual/crafty/domestic reasons). I don't know why they asked me to do this, because frankly, I'm the type that would SO much rather go out to eat than make dinner, but alas, that's where they decided I'd fit. Honestly, I didn't think I'd love it at first because I'm just............ not like that............. HOWEVER, I have repented of my ways (heehee) and learned tons and tons and I actually totally LOVE it now. I get to work with really fun women and we get to do lots of cool stuff. So, last weekend I went to a class on how to can peaches. I've never done it before, but it was fun to learn. Tonight I borrowed the canning stuff from a friend and tried it out on my own. It was just me and my 25 pound box of peaches. I followed the directions, but I'm still not sure they turned out. I hope so, otherwise we'll die of peach poisoning, and nobody wants that. If there is such a thing. Even if they spoil, they sure look pretty in the jars, right? 

9 comments:
wendy...i don't even know you anymore...just kidding. if you can do it i guess that means there's hope for me as well.
They look great! Your going to have to come down here and teach me how to do it :)
They look awesome!!! I did apple pie filling this year and what a mess...honestly...I'm nervous to try them and see how they taste, but I guess we'll see. :) It looks like you are doing better than me and I have been trying to catch on for four years. ;)
Congratulations on your first canning! That is great. I could never be enrichment leader! Good luck with that.
You should be so proud of yourself! I have always wanted to know how to can! I wish you could show me how!
Okay, sister-of-mine...
I can't believe how stinkin' photogenic you are! You're doing nothing but standing next to a bunch of jars of peaches and you look modelesque. And even the photo of the peaches is cool! I love the angle and the color. Your blog looks way better than mine. Oh well. ;O)
Other than that, you ought to enjoy the ward you're in in Las Vegas even if you hate everything else about living there. Not every ward is alike in its make up, so take advantage of learning what you can from those women! (That fulfills my requirement for "big-sister-advice-of-the-day"!)
Wendy YOU ROCK DUDE Peaches are the yummiest! Now we just need to get Mike out hunting with your brothers!
Wendy, that's my calling too! And just like you, I didn't think I'd like it at all, but so far it's been so fun and I too have learned a lot of things! Good job on your peaches...I haven't done that one yet.
I'm so proud of you Wendy! All I got out of my mushy peaches was maggots and 1 peach pie! YUMMY!!!:)
Post a Comment