So, I had quite a day on friday and I wanted to share it with you. Maybe I just want to write it down and remember it. I don't know. Anyway, I got up at 5-30 in the morning to go running with Becky, a friend of mine. It was good to go running, but it was EARLY, and it was the first time that I had done it in a while...... a long while. So I got home VERY tired, but had a good morning with Cecily.... until my shower. I jumped in the and threw her in with me because it's just easier to bathe her and keep her entertained and out of trouble. We got out, I dried her off and put her in a sparkling white new diaper and let her run around in it until I was dried off and ready. She was playing (or so I thought) in my bedroom while I was in my bathroom. Literally 30 seconds went by and I came out of the bathroom to find her with her diaper off and poop on her bum and (you guessed it!) on her hands and feet. Here's where my miracles started. 
Miracle #1: There was no poop on her face, hair, or anywhere near her mouth.
So, I cleaned it up and moved on with life. We were having friends over that night at six for dinner, so I started the pork in the crockpot at about noon.
Miracle #2: The BBQ pork that I made turned out well,
considering I've never made it before.
Later that day I decided to venture out to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for dinner. I only needed a few things and thought it would be a quick trip. That was, until, I locked my keys in my car next to my carseat. Ps- we only have one key. I was almost in tears when I called mike to tell him at work.
Miracle #3: My cute hubby was really nice to me and made me feel a lot better about a terrible situation. He left work early and told me he would be there to pick me up in a few minutes. The baby carseat, however, was stuck in the car, so I had to walk home and meet him there.
Miracle #4: I decided to go to Smiths (one block away from my house) instead of WalMart ( several miles away from my house). So I picked up the baby and my three bags of groceries and hoofed it home.
Miracle #5: My little Cecily was an angel baby. She hadn't eaten since about 10-30 in the morning and she was super happy and not even fussy. MIRACLE!!!! (ps- yes, cecily got into all my "feminine products" and threw them all over my bathroom in this picture..... I thought it was funny)
Miracle #6: My eggs didn't break and my icecream was still edible, although a little runny. Although not something I'd love to repeat, the walk home wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Miracle #7: The weather dropped from the 110-115's last week to about 95 this week. Atleast I wasn't walking and melting at the same time. Once mike got home he and his co-worker went over to see if they could break into the honda. A guy saw them and came over to see if he could help.
Miracle# 8: The guy was from Freddy's car wash (which is right behind the grocery store) and told them to go over and get the locksmith kit that they keep behind the counter. So, we got into our car free of charge. I got my house clean, dinner went great, and we had fun with our friends. I guess it was a good day
after all.

So, Miracle#9 is that I just finished reading "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom. It's a true account of a woman who helped hide Jews in Nazi occupied Holland during WWII. Through the whole book she speaks of God and His goodness and mercy in all situations. Even when she was imprisoned in a concentration camp, she and her sister thank God for everything. It is an amazing book and if nobody made you read it in highschool, then go get yourself a copy or borrow mine. I can't believe it's taken me this long. I know my mom loved it too. It's more inspiring than almost any book I've ever read. Even though I still suck at it a lot, it has helped me try to see the every day small miracles that God gives us.

Miracle #1: There was no poop on her face, hair, or anywhere near her mouth.
So, I cleaned it up and moved on with life. We were having friends over that night at six for dinner, so I started the pork in the crockpot at about noon.
Miracle #2: The BBQ pork that I made turned out well,
considering I've never made it before.Later that day I decided to venture out to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for dinner. I only needed a few things and thought it would be a quick trip. That was, until, I locked my keys in my car next to my carseat. Ps- we only have one key. I was almost in tears when I called mike to tell him at work.
Miracle #3: My cute hubby was really nice to me and made me feel a lot better about a terrible situation. He left work early and told me he would be there to pick me up in a few minutes. The baby carseat, however, was stuck in the car, so I had to walk home and meet him there.
Miracle #4: I decided to go to Smiths (one block away from my house) instead of WalMart ( several miles away from my house). So I picked up the baby and my three bags of groceries and hoofed it home.
Miracle #5: My little Cecily was an angel baby. She hadn't eaten since about 10-30 in the morning and she was super happy and not even fussy. MIRACLE!!!! (ps- yes, cecily got into all my "feminine products" and threw them all over my bathroom in this picture..... I thought it was funny)Miracle #6: My eggs didn't break and my icecream was still edible, although a little runny. Although not something I'd love to repeat, the walk home wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Miracle #7: The weather dropped from the 110-115's last week to about 95 this week. Atleast I wasn't walking and melting at the same time. Once mike got home he and his co-worker went over to see if they could break into the honda. A guy saw them and came over to see if he could help.
Miracle# 8: The guy was from Freddy's car wash (which is right behind the grocery store) and told them to go over and get the locksmith kit that they keep behind the counter. So, we got into our car free of charge. I got my house clean, dinner went great, and we had fun with our friends. I guess it was a good dayafter all.

So, Miracle#9 is that I just finished reading "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom. It's a true account of a woman who helped hide Jews in Nazi occupied Holland during WWII. Through the whole book she speaks of God and His goodness and mercy in all situations. Even when she was imprisoned in a concentration camp, she and her sister thank God for everything. It is an amazing book and if nobody made you read it in highschool, then go get yourself a copy or borrow mine. I can't believe it's taken me this long. I know my mom loved it too. It's more inspiring than almost any book I've ever read. Even though I still suck at it a lot, it has helped me try to see the every day small miracles that God gives us.

5 comments:
What a day!!! I'm so glad things turned out ok in the end. I love The Hiding PLace, such a great read!
You are awesome Wendy. I'm going to take your book recommendation. I'm excited for another good book to read. :) It's so nice to hear the positive side of a not so good situation. It helps me to remember the awesome things I would miss out on with my kids if I got upset as much as my human nature tells me to.
Oh my gosh! I'm sorry you had to go through all that! I'm so impressed with your positive attitude. Way to go! I need to be more like that. I too, LOVE the "Hiding Place". It's so inspirational.
Wendy! Oh my gosh how are you? I'm so happy you have a blog! I haven't checked my comments in a little bit and here you are! Now I can see your beautiful little girl! She is so darn cute, you guys look so happy. Che and I will be married a year on the 22nd and it's so crazy, it has just flown by. I think it's about our time to start having kids. :) Anyway, I'm so happy we can keep in touch now. Tell MIke hi from us ok! Hope all is well, love you!
I locked my keys in the car this summer... but I also locked my boys in the car with them. I felt like the worst Mommy ever!! My boys thought it was funny that Mommy was peeking through the window at them. I was trying not to have a panic attack! The fire men got there super fast and my boys are alive!!
I am excited to have found your blog! I am glad to hear that you have survived another day.
P.S.
Cecily is ADORABLE!
Post a Comment