Thursday, January 1, 2009

Looking Back, Looking Ahead

As 2008 comes to a close and we usher in 2009, it seems crazy to me that yet another year has flown by.  This has been a year of learning for our little family and especially for me, and I thought I'd share a tiny bit with you.  
I've learned that patience is a virtue that I need to work on. 
I've learned that we are never forgotten by the Lord, even though sometimes He steps back and lets us learn things before He sends His angels.  
I've learned that stressing out about things doesn't make them come (or go) any faster.  
I've learned that Mike is even cooler than I thought he was at the beginning of the year.  
I've learned that even in the desert, sometimes snow miracles happen.  
I've learned that joy needs cultivation and creation, and life is not for looking, it's for living. 
I've learned that my baby is cuter than your baby........ (just kidding.......kindof).  
I've learned that even though some things aren't fair, the Lord is just and merciful. 

I hope that 2009 will teach me more lessons, and I hope that I'm open to learning them. Sometimes I suck at being humble enough to be teachable.  I'm looking forward to meeting new friends this year in Utah, creating new goals, and learning whatever it is I need to so that I can meet my potential.  Isn't that what life's all about anyway?  Love and best wishes for the new year.  XOXO.  

4 comments:

Torrey said...

I love reading your blog and I really enjoyed this post! Happy New Year!!

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

That's such a great idea. I would never have thought about the nursery manuals. Kleyn is going to start going to primary tomorrow and my youngest is going to be in nursery. I can't believe it. Thanks for the advice. I have the hope that preschool lessons/teaching and FHE will go hand in hand and help me learn how to organize and teach. I know the best way to learn is to just do it, but it still makes me a little nervous. I don't feel very creative.
Yes, blogs are awesome. :)
I hope you guys have had a great new year and that moving doesn't prove too stressful for you.
Have a great day!

Criscell said...

What a great post! Happy New Year! I loved your Christmas letter/pic/card. Thanks for thinking of us! The pic of Cecily on Santa's lap was adorable! She is such a little cutie. Good luck with your move to UT. Hope all goes well.

Amber said...

Well said. I completely agree. That is what life is all about. I have the same goals for 2009. I hope that I can live up to my potential. And you're right, your baby is cuter than my baby bc I don't have one yet! ha ha. Hope you guys had a wondeful holiday. Love you!!