Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lovely Pictures!

I KNOW you've all been breathless with anticipation waiting for my next post with some pictures of the Vincent Family Happenings.
Here's the goings on:


Mike and I got a new shelf with lots of compartments ...12 to be exact...... from IKEA, but we needed some organizational stuff to fill up the shelves (it's what I live for). So we bought a 5 pack of these cardboard file holder things for 2 bucks and I got COOL fabric to cover them. Probably not the most interesting, but I was proud of myself and, I must say, I'm fabulous with a hot glue gun.



Before




After



Stacked on my table

Here's some pics of our new apartment in SLC, as per Janet Diane's request:

Looking from the LR at the bookshelf and into the bitsy kitchen (which I love)


Looking toward the entry way in the LR


Looking from the dining area to the Living Room (the kitchen is behind me)


Isn't she getting tall? And, irresistably beautiful, of course. I love showering her with kisses on a daily basis. I couldn't resist snapping a shot of her today.

Mike's parents and a few siblings (thanks Adam and Laura!) were visiting and were able to join in his birthday festivities on Valentine's day. Cecily was overjoyed with all the attention.
April, Cecily, and Scott

I made mike an (ENTIRELY FROM SCRATCH) coconut strawberry cake for his b-day 'cause he didn't want something "usual and boring." NEVER AGAIN. It took (no joke) all day. It was nice to get 7 bazillion thank-you's from my hubby, though. So cute.



Mmmm, cake.


Cecily is thinking about taking up driving soon. She loves the radio. Notice the snow falling outside the window. Like silvery kisses from heaven.... I love snow, especially when it doesn't stick to the road. A perk of Utah.


I couldn't help myself. I had to post the cuteness.



4 comments:

Montana Wilkins said...

Hooray! Thanks for the apartment pics! I can't wait to come see it in person. Someday...
Cecily is a beauty, as always. You can tell Mike is excited about his cake too, so good job on that!!
Missing you!

Jasmine said...

The new place looks great. Sounds like you're settling in wonderfully.

I'm with you--I love snow, especially when it doesn't stick to the road.

Criscell said...

How do you like your new place? Cecily IS getting tall! They grow up too fast! Good job on your crafty organizing. Want to come do my apt. next?

Brittany said...

Cute new place, I love it!! Hope things continue to go well as you get to know your neighbors and everything! Driving is the best past time for toddlers. I take Amelia out and make phone calls in the back seat while she drives (otherwise she screams while I'm on the phone).