Monday, May 11, 2009

Late Mothers Day

Better late than never, I always say. I thought I'd jump on the Mothers Day bandwagon, Wendy style. For those of you who aren't sure what "Wendy Style" is, it means late. I'm workin' on it, but my life is a work in progress. As a side note- I always try to put my best foot forward, but I am also not one of those people who is afraid to share my flaws and shortcomings, even on my Mormon Mommy Blog..... everybody has flaws, so why not commiserate together?

Anyway, on to the reason for my post:

My mom is pretty much the coolest. She has overcome much in her life and I admire her resilience. She has the ability to make me feel better about any situation, and I love talking to her. She's a great example of kindness and giving. There was a time in my life when I thought that she wouldn't be here much longer, and I think it made me appreciate her even more. Not to get too mushy, but I just love her a lot and am grateful for her. We joke that Cecily is so much like me, that I gave birth to myself and I'm becoming my mom. I think that's a pretty good prospect:)

I am also very grateful to be a mom. I wrote about that here a few weeks ago if you want to glance at it.

Next on the agenda: All the women in my life who have been my "other" moms. My sister especially. My Aunt Diane. A few amazing roommates (yes, Micah, you are one of them). Some great visiting teachers. And a couple perfect friends. The list goes on and on.


Each at different times in my life, you have stepped in when my birth mom couldn't and given me help, strength, guidance, happiness, and love. Whether our mom is still here on earth to share yesterday with us, or we've given birth to our own babies, or maybe neither, we can still celebrate the "other" mothers in our lives and know that at some point, we probably were one. Mothering comes instinctively to all women, whether we have babies or not, and I am grateful for that.

5 comments:

RaeAnn said...

THanks for sharing. I think you have a great example and you are doing a wonderful job with your little angel!

The Hawks said...

yay me for making the blog! i love you so much. you are my favorite friend. that is all.

Montana Wilkins said...

Our mom is so great. Seriously. I am so grateful she's still here for us too. It's a blessing to treasure. I called her about 10 times today because Logan is sick and she even came and watched Luke and Rebecca while I took him to the doctor in his jammies. (He has strep throat. Poor boy.) I don't know what I'd do without her love and advice and everything else!!!! Thanks for helping me remember that!

Laura Horne said...

"Mormon Mommy Blog"--I laughed out loud!

Happy Mother's Day to you (Wendy Styler, from me!)

Vanessa said...

I was just looking at your blog last night and saw a picture with your baby girl. at first, I thought, "she had another baby?" She is so cute and getting so big!! We are all doing well here. How r u guys?