Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Happenings

Well, thanks for all the camaraderie about my stellar laundry skills. Cecily got a few new white shirts, and I decided the rest is salvageable. She'll have the most unique clothes of anyone. And, I think she's the cutest thing ever whether she's in white or pink or .......greyish orangie blue.

Last Sunday in church my friend asked me what we've been up to. I told her "everything and nothing." I feel so busy all the time, but when I look back at my weeks I say to myself "Self, you didn't do ANYTHING this week!" Does anyone else have days/weeks like that? Well, here's what our busy/not busy bones have been up to lately:
Memorial Day= INCREDIBLE trip to Idaho. Maybe some of you don't think Idaho is that incredible, but to us, it's fabulous. We went climbing with friends, saw Star Trek (LOVED IT!) with family, hung out with Mike's siblings, and Mike even got to go golfing (which he sucks at, but loves anyway). This is our friend Calvin and I waiting for our turns to climb. I didn't try very hard that day.... sucked it up. Still had fun, though. Ps- I stole the pictures of Amber and Calvins blog. Thanks guys. Calvin and another friend climbing. Forgot our camera. Another stolen image.Adam, Rachel, Brielle, Me, and Cecily after a long day of shopping. Stole this pic from Rachel's facebook.
June 5/6th= AMAZING trip to Idaho.....again. My mom and dad's 41st anniversary was June 7th. It was also the 40th anniversary of their sealing in the Idaho Falls temple, so they made the 4 hour drive down, and I made the 3 hour drive up and we got to celebrate together. I also got to see Rachel, Brielle, and Bren while I was there. AND, as a bonus, we got to have dinner with my cousin Brian, his cute wife Megan, and their baby girl Sydney. Ps- Megan, Cecily kept saying "baby Sydney, baby Sydney" the whole way home while she was holding her doll. So I'm pretty sure she named it after your girl!Cecily having a hay day with the sour cream at Bajio in Rexburg.
Cecily and Brielle in the pool at the hotel.
Sydney, Brian, Megan, Me, and Cecily (with a classic expression, I might add) after dinner at Applebee's. My parents were there, but they didn't join in the picture fun...
June 9th= My pottery class ends. I took an 8 week community education ceramics class for fun. I taught ceramics when I did my student teaching and I miss it. My aunt Diane and I have been taking it together. The only thing I really made was this tea set. I also made a few crappy bowls and vases. I forgot how long it takes to make things like this because there's so many pieces to fit together at certain times and whatnot. What I thought would take 2 weeks ended up taking almost the whole 8. Oh well. It was fun. And I'm missing a saucer in this pic.

June 10th= Happy Anniversary to my sister Janet and her hubby Ross on 9 fabulous years! Love you guys and congrats!

4 comments:

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

That tea set is awesome! And that is so cute about the doll! How hilarious! It was great seeing you! I wouldn't say you have done nothing!

Jasmine said...

Me oh my, you have been busy! I love Cecily's expression in the picture of her and Brielle in the pool! Fabulous!

Brittany said...

Your tea set is to die for, I LOVE IT! I would buy that up so fast if it was for sale. In response to your comment, I got the 1981 pattern from my aunt. I've gotten some as hand-me-downs from my mom and grandma too. I think I will start buying new ones off of ebay or something. They tend to be more $ but worth it in my opinion. I never thought to look at garage sales, that's a great idea!

Montana Wilkins said...

Fun happenings. Love the expressions on your girl's face. She is the cutest of all your children. :o)
Miss you! Someday I'll come see you. Oh, if only I knew when...
Thanks for the happy anniversary wishes!