Monday, June 29, 2009

A little Help?

Mike and I are looking to buy a house here in Salt Lake. I am getting so frustrated. I don't know the area very well, and am having trouble finding what we need within our price range. The market here is still inflated. The median income does not match the median house price and we're one of those lucky couples who get the sucky end of that deal. We're trying not to be super picky- we just want a starter home. It seems like anything in the Salt Lake area is either extremely tiny and in a crap neighborhood or a huge stupid commute. I don't care about a brand new house. I don't care about granite countertops. I don't care about 3400 square feet. I just want something that will work. Any suggestions about where to look from people who know this place? Goo.

5 comments:

fran said...

Well there is this little place called California...I heard it was nice there....

Kendra said...

If you're willing to commute, my brother is selling his house in Layton. Let me know if you're interested.

Jasmine said...

I wish I knew the area better. If you were looking in Utah County, I could probably help you out.

Brittany said...

holliday seems like a nice place. my grandprents live there. the homes range all over in price and i bet you could find something there! good luck!

Nat-a-baby said...

I'm sorry. I have another friend who lives in Salt Lake who is also house hunting right now. I think she is looking to move out of it, however. I would agree that Holiday is a nice area. Bountiful is also really nice and it's only around the bend, north on I-15, from Down Town. Whatever you do... do not move to West Valley City!!! (No offence, if anyone reads this that does live there) :)