When I was younger I always thought that it would be amazing to have a career and be a powerful business woman. I still think it's amazing, and one day I'll be a kick-A teacher, but for now I'm a kick-A stay at home mom and it provides much more excitement and joy than any career. I even feel powerful most of the time. Master of my own domain...... or something. If you want to work during the day or if you have to, I think that's really cool too. I'm just happy that right now I get to watch my little girl grow and learn and be crazy all day every day. It works for our family.
Crazy how our own ideas of what's important change as we age.
Cecily has recently become my little parrot, and my little shadow, and my little copy cat. She grabs my makeup sponges and dabs them all over her face. She sits down with books and pretends to read (even if the book is upside down). She wants to drink out of a big cup instead of a sippy cup lately, and (my favorite) she's started "shaving" her legs with our tongue scraper in our bathroom. FREAKIN' ADORABLE!
Who wouldn't want to be here to see all the cuteness?



Cecily shaving her legs while eating ritz crackers this morning.
6 comments:
Yes, I am jealous that you get to stay at home. I wish I could!
now that is talent....lol she is a doll...I cant wait to see her!
It doesn't get more girly than that--shaving and crackers! She's so funny! I love the morning hair, too. :)
Tell her not to take after Aunt Janet in her shaving habits. Scars all over your legs because you can't keep from cutting yourself is just not that attractive. Good thing she's practicing with the tongue scraper. She'll be a pro!
Also, don't you mean you are a kick-B mommy? Or maybe even a Kick-R-E mommy? (bum and rear end are so much nicer...)
;o)
Yes, Jan. I meant kick-bum mommy. FOr sure.
Ha ha HA My sisters are the coolest. I really like the banter. Wendy's a potty moth!
Just kidding wendy. Janey is a tattle tale. just kidding Jan.
lots of love
Russ Lay
Post a Comment