Friday, August 28, 2009

Big Sky Country

"I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it."

--John Steinbeck, "Travels with Charley"
We spent the last few weeks in Montana. Don't worry- it's still the best place to be in the whole world. It's the only place I'll ever be truly home.



My childhood and highschool friend Leslie got married, so we went up to celebrate with she and her new hubs, Ben. She looked amazing (of course) and very very happy. It was tons of fun as well to see my girlies from highschool there. No matter how far we get from each other, it always seems like we can pick up where we left off, even 8 years later.



After the festivities we met up with our friends from Vegas, the Kay's. The 2 best things to come out of our 2 years in Vegas was the day we left and our friendship with the Kays. They are our kind of people- a bit kooky, a little crazy, not uptight or worried about fitting in, always up for an adventure, and really nice to top it all off. We went up to Glacier National Park and did a few hikes, saw a few "wild" (and I use the term loosely) animals and ate tinfoil dinners on the campfire. Mmm, mmm, good.




There were the most beautiful waterfalls everywhere.

Cecily fell asleep 1/2 way through the hike.

At Avalanche lake at the top of the little hike we did.


Goats on the side of the road. We also saw (super tame) deer, and some Rams


We forgot swimsuits for the girls, so St. Mary's lake visitors got a few of our little blonde diaper brigade that day. And so do you (lucky!)



My brother Russ and his wife Carmen just had baby #4, so we stopped in Great Falls on our way home. Baby Chris is the sweetest little guy and it was tons of fun to see them, since we don't get to very often.
Eliza (holding baby Chris), June, and Henry

Baby Chris and I


It was a really great trip! I am happy to be back with my little family in Salt Lake. By the end of August we will have spent only 7 days at our house for the month. Still, it was all worth it. Good friends, great family, and fun all around.

4 comments:

The Hawks said...

you are the cutest little family. i wish we lived close, so we could hang out! i love you!

Unknown said...

We had so much fun with you guys! We're having withdrawals already! That picture of Leslie is awesome, I would actually think of buying it and putting it up on my wall, but that's kind of weird... :)

Jasmine said...

That is one wicked hiking backpack for Cecily!!! I need to get something like that....

I'm glad you got to visit old friends and family. Those times are the BEST!

Montana Wilkins said...

Thanks for coming to visit, but I am so happy for you to get to enjoy being home now!
Good job getting out and camping a lot this summer. I wish we would have done that. Next year? We'll see...
Ross and I also noted that you took a very cute picture with Baby Chris after 3 days of camping and getting dirty, gross, and sweaty. I've decided to be mad at you again for being so photogenic! :o) (At least a little mad!)