Friday, October 16, 2009

and so it continues


We are on the hunt for a house. I am a little frustrated.
Yep, this is one of those posts about my feelings........... sorry. Just indulge me for now and chalk it up to pregnancy hormones.
We've been seriously looking since July. Every Monday our realtor has taken us out to look at several houses up and down the Wasatch front. We've put multiple offers in and none have seemed to come to fruition. Today we got the news that the house we were sure was going to work (we were even told that our offer was accepted) is under contract with someone else. It made me sad. Not crying, wailing, lamentation sad, but just "oh darn" sad.
As with all things in life, I know that something better will come along. We're still waiting to hear back about another property (which might even be better). Plus, maybe it will work out to our advantage to wait a bit. The market is still crazy, no matter what the analysts say.
I called my mom after we found out we wouldn't be getting the house and she said "Well, I'm pretty sure that that house probably has a gas leak and terrible plumbing. It's not the best for you, and God wants the best for you."
I love her, don't you?
It's easy to say that to myself, but even easier to want to wallow in my own depression.
Good thing I have a cool mom.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Good luck! I'm pretty sure house hunting is the most exciting and annoying thing on the planet! I'm just sure the perfect house is out there somewhere though. When you find it please let me know where it is because we have been trying to come across it for quite some time now! :)