This is one of those silly things I want to remember, so I'm blogging about it. Hope you don't mind.
Last night mike and I got either food poisoning or the flu...... we're not sure. Luckily, Cecily was spared and hasn't shown any symptoms except a temper (which, by the way, is not that unusual- she's feisty). Cecily is actually the reason we thought it might be food poisoning- she refuses to eat every once in a while, and didn't consume the same stuff we did.
Anyway, Mike came home from work yesterday kind of queasy, but he layed down and tried to sleep it off............ didn't work. So, I was all over the place trying to take care of a sick hubs and do the laundry and keep my girl entertained. I ate at about 6:30 and played with CJ and then put her to bed around 8..... at which point I was WIPED OUT. I layed down on the bed and thought I'd fall asleep (hahaha- little did I know).
I started barfing and barfing and barfing, and if any of you have barfed when you're 7 1/2 months along and you have a huge belly, you know that it's not the most fun. By 11 that night I was SO dehydrated and my contractions were so bad I decided to call my midwife, who told me to go to the hospital. Mike had to stay home with our girl, so I had to drive myself alone, which would have been fine, except he lost his phone this weekend, ugh. I had no way of communicating with him while I was there, which (can I just say) TOTALLY SUCKED. I called my poor mother at her house in MT bawling and crying at 1 in the morning because I just needed someone to tell me it would all be ok.
At the hospital they gave me an IV, a quick (cold) bag of fluid, which made me shiver and shiver, and then they gave me some meds. Oh, the meds. My contractions were pretty strong and only about 3-4 minutes apart, so they gave me something to stop them. The medicine made me SO shaky and made my heart pound and made me nauseous (yeah- counterproductive, I know). Then they gave me anti- nausea meds as well, hooked me up to 10,000 monitors and told me to sleep (ummm, excuse me? sleep? yeah right, lady). Anyway, I barfed my way through the night but by 6am I felt good enough to sit up and good enough to tell them that I REALLY wanted to go home to my hubbs. The second dose of the heart pounding shaky meds had worn off, and I wanted to leave - BAD.
Ok, I sound pretty ungrateful here, sorry. I really am glad I went to the hospital and got fluids put back into me and I'm SO SO SO glad that everything was ok with my baby boy. One thing I loved about being there was getting to hear the whoosh whoosh of his heartbeat almost all night. He is so perfect already. Plus, the staff was really nice to me, even though I kept asking for blankets from the warmer and kept calling them to unhook the monitors so I could go pee. They didn't mind and were nice. They kept asking me if I had a support person, then I'd tell them my hubs was sick and they'd thank me for not bringing him in :)
I really am grateful that things turned out ok and I feel SO much better today. Mike was home from work and our cute neighbor sent dinner over and my aunt diane brought over Ginger Ale. I slept probably 15 of the last 17 hours, and all is well. I think I have a love for sleep that cannot be explained. It's amazing. The little dude is kicking happily on my bladder like a champ, so I can't complain.
We have lots to be grateful for.
9 comments:
That TOTALLY sucks Wendy. I'm so sorry you were so sick. I hope you're feeling well soon!
Oh, wow! I only threw up once when I was that far along with Alexis, and that wasn't very nice, so I can't imagine doing it all night uncontrollably. I'm glad everyone's relatively ok, and I hope you both feel better soon!
I completely understand... I had a stomach flu a couple days after T-day and the throwing up DOES put you into contractions... luckily I wasn't throwing up THAT much. Now- on to some other important stuff...
You totally should have called me! I am so sorry you had such an awful episode... do you guys need anything?
my poor wendy! i wish i could have been there with you. i would be so sad to be at the hospital by myself! you're much more independant than i am though. i am so glad that everything is good with you and the little dude! love you!
SO glad that you feel so much better! Last month when I had the stinkin swine flu while being pregnant...I thought I was going to die. It was miserable. So I can sympathize. Hey, when are you due?
Wow, that is no fun at all. I am so glad that you are feeling better and that all is well with your little man.
Whan an ordeal! That is the craziest thing. Sorry you had to go through it! You're a trooper.
Wow Wendy!! What a night you had! That sounds absolutely and perfectly miserable. I'm glad you're feeling better. Wow!
I'm so glad you are okay, and wish I could have been there to help. You can call me anytime! We desperately need to move...
Post a Comment