I think I might be going nuts........ Have you heard of "nesting"? It's like a strange, uncontrollable disease, and I've got it B A D.
I've recently become somewhat of a neurotic mess, and I look back at my days and ask myself "Who is this woman and when is the real Wendy coming back?" Then I think "5 weeks and she'll be back, hang on 5 weeks."
Then I think I'm crazy because I'm having conversations in my head (and now I'm blogging about it- someone stop me..........).
Here's the other reasons why I'm crazy:
We have a tiny (but lovely) apartment which is shrinking daily as we add more and more stuff to it. Plus, we have SO much to do before the little man gets here- and it feels like SO little time, and I am becoming a bit of a weirdo. Where did the past 8 months go, I ask you?
I am making about 397 "TO-DO" lists per day, and only a few things from one of them gets done. I have this obsessive need to write down all the stuff I need to do- even if it's already on a list. NUTSO.
I am making about 397 "TO-DO" lists per day, and only a few things from one of them gets done. I have this obsessive need to write down all the stuff I need to do- even if it's already on a list. NUTSO.
The little dude will share a room with us for the first while, then bunk with Cecily in a few months. That is the part where the panic sets in.
Want a laugh?
This is what I did the other day:
If you are wondering what it is- it's a scale model of Cecily's room made out of butcher and construction paper, with scale models of furniture so that I can move it around and re-arrange without throwing out my back.
I've come to two conclusions after looking this over:
1- I'm nuts
and 2- we need to get rid of some furniture before I explode.
3 comments:
You are not insane. Much. Be excited for yourself that you are feeling the need and desire to do, do, do! I see the need at the end of my pregnancies, but somehow never seem to do it. :o(
I've always wanted to make a scale model of a room and rearrange furniture like that. You are awesome!
Tell Little Dude Vincent that his Aunt Janet is excited to meet him!
(Hmm...Word verification is snessol. Not sure if I can come up with a definition for that one. Any ideas?) :o)
I have done something similar to that with each move and especially before Alexis was born. In fact, I've already started planning out how we'll arrange furniture when baby #2 comes along, and we're not even pregnant yet! At least you have an excuse to be nesting...
OK Wender,
First I love the post, Either we're both crazy or neither of us. I love doing scale models of things and playing paper dolls with things like cars and freezers and table saws, and other such wood working equipment. I always thought it was because I am an enginerd.
Post a Comment