
Oh, the things rushing around my head lately...... here's just a few:
1. Baby boy names. Boy names are hard! On the day of our ultrasound to find out what we were having I picked out a girl name 'cause I was SURE it was a girl. :) I was wrong and now I have no idea. Any suggestions?
2. Nesting. How do you get everything ready when most of your baby stuff is packed up in your detached garage? And its really cold? And, how do you keep from going crazy every day when you realize your due date is approaching and you have nothing done?
3. Trees. We got a Christmas tree tonight. It's fake. Fake. Fake. Fake. I'm not a fan of fake trees. When we were in Target (buying the plastic monstrocity) Mike said "what do you have against unreal trees that don't die?" to which I replied "I'm from Montana. In montana you go out into your back yard and get a yummy smelling, shaggy, charlie brown looking tree and it's amazing. Then you get to smell it all month." But, in the end, I got an evergreen candle and mike got a fake tree. In all honesty, it's a good one (it doesn't look like "shredded PVC" as mike puts it) and I'm sure it will be pretty when we decorate it.
4. Coupons. Frankly, I hate coupons, but I love the satisfaction I get from using them. Especially when I get a screamin' deal on something I want. I'm not good at "super couponing" and getting 786 dollars worth of groceries for $5.19, but I saved about 20 bucks tonight on stuff I actually need and will use. Yay.
5. Paranoia. Does anyone else become a crazy super paranoid person when they're pregnant? It seems like I freak out a lot lately. More than usual I'm gasping and clutching the oh crap handle in the car when mike is driving. He LOVES that.
6. Carols. Cecily's new favorite song is the chipmunks christmas song. She was at the dinner table tonight singing "TIME FOR CHEER! TIME FOR CHEER! ME WANT OOOO-YA- HOOP!" We sang christmas songs all night long. Priceless.
So, anyway. That's life. This is one of those posts that won't be interesting to anyone but me, but thanks for letting me get it all out of my head. That's why I blog, I guess.
I'm sending out christmas cards in the mail this week hopefully so look for yours! Then, send me one from your fam. Love you all. Miss you all. Merry Christmas.
Post Edit: I can't get the stupid formatting to work, so this has no spaces between paragraphs.......... any suggestions about how to fix this problem? ?? I don't even know where to begin!
4 comments:
I enjoyed it! It's interesting to hear the anti-plastic complaints (I'm sorry, I'm pro-plastic). And Wendy, you have 48 days to go! It will be okay! Boy names: Brian LOVES Leon but I can't stand it. I also like Colby, Ethan, and Corbin. Just some suggestions. I know you weren't asking for suggestions so I hope you won't mind.
That was interesting to me to read too =)
Its funny that you have boy name trouble, because we have more boy names than we could ever use, and had the hardest time coming up with a girl name for Maggie when she turned out to be a girl. I think girl names are really hard.
Don't worry about not having anything done, babies don't care about that stuff.
First off, LOVED THIS POST! Second, You and I are totally stressing over similar stuff. I am no where near ready for my little guy to come either. As for names, we have ours picked out and ready to go (he better look like a Matthew or there will be problems). Though it took me a while to get to that point. I, too, was SURE it was a girl and had my girl name already chosen. As for your boy... well, I am biased... having heard some of the options you have come up with, I bet you can guess which one I like best (it seriously made me tear up a bit). Also, paranoia... YEAH. I kinda topped it all this time round. My kid threw up once and I freaked out on the phone to my friend about how I was just sure she had swine flu (she didn't) and that if I got it (which I did), it would kill me (which it didn't)...
Thanks for the awesome post. I love to hear the inner workings of other women's minds. Love ya!
OK Wender,
Here's the deal. Russell is the greatest boy name ever, but since our other siblings might get jelous that you named him after me... Here are a few suggestions.
Abraham (I know it's old, but I like it, and everyone I've ever known that was named this was a cool guy.)
OK that's only one, but I've got to get back to work my lunch hour is over.
Post a Comment