Friday, January 1, 2010

about the boy

It's been a while since I wrote about the little dude. 
Here's what he's been up to:

1- Lots of hiccups. I like them.  There's something comforting about the rythmic bump bump bump of hiccups inside the belly.

2- Elbows to the belly button.  His elbow,  my belly. Sometimes he scrapes across so hard I think he's trying to get out through my belly button.  Sorry dude, that's not how it works. 

3- Punching/kicking of mom's bladder.  'Nuf said.

4- Twisting, turning, running, jumping, and leaping of all sorts. 

5- Getting big.  And by big I mean BIG BIG. 

6- Not coming out. 

Pregnancy is a strange dichotomy for me. 
On the one hand, it's hard and exhausting and I can't wait for it to be over.  I am really really excited to sleep well again and be able to diet and fit into clothes and (most of all) be able to move around easily again. I feel like a turtle on it's back when I lay (or sit)  down.  Mike helps me up and I feel like an 80 year old woman.   And frankly, I could do without the crazy hormones- but those are stickin' around for a while I'm afraid.

 On the other hand, pregnancy is incredible and exhilirating and strangely wonderful.   I am seriously in love with feeling him move around inside my body.  It's cheesy, but I feel strong and powerful as a woman that I can do this.  It is hard, and I can do it.  Pregnancy is empowering. (and ps- I think I should mention here that every mother, wheather she goes through a pregnancy to get her child or not, does difficult things- adoption and foster care are incredible in my opinion).

I am also lucky in that my pregnancies have been low risk and I feel better than lots of women throughout them. I don't get morning sickness and, other than the aforementioned items, I feel pretty good. Wierd, but I'm going to miss having him inside -tapping a friendly hello to me when I need it.

I'll post a belly pic tomorrow.  It's too late and I'm in p.j.'s with no makeup, and nobody wants to see that- trust me  :o)


1 comment:

Montana Wilkins said...

You are so cool. You always write these witty, entertaining things and I'm a cheesy mommy writer.
Love the love/hate relationship with pregnancy. That's about how I feel.
Since tomorrow is Sunday and I know you'll be all dolled up and looking pretty, you are required to post a belly pic. We all want to see your cuteness!
Love you sista!