Tuesday, January 26, 2010

due

Today I went to the doctor and we discussed when I am going to have this little kiddo. 




The reason I don't have a due date (some have asked, so here you go) is because at my 20 week ultrasound the baby was measuring larger than 20 weeks.  The dude measured 21.5 weeks, so the doc at the ultrasound said I should move my due date up to the 23rd of January (Rather than the 3rd of Feb).  I had stopped birthcontrol just prior to getting preggers-TMI, I know- so he said that because it throws ovulation off so much I should just go with the new due date. 
Armed with this great new information, I went to my appointment with my mid-wife and she has been sortof wishy-washy about moving the due date.  She's sortof been of the mind that Feb 3rd was fine and we should keep it there.


 I have been hoping for the earlier date.

If you look to the left, you will see that my "hooray I'm preggo" countdown ended on the 23rd of January.......... I don't however, have a 3 day old baby (as much as I wish I did).

I am only measuring 39 weeks right now, so he's hopefully not 16 pounds yet. 

Things are still going great with him.  He kicked the doppler off my tummy this morning when my midwife tried to listen to his heartbeat.  BAM!  Take that lady! 

I am choosing not to be induced until necessary, because with CJ I was induced from stage 0, and it took 30 hours to get her here, and pitocin sucks.   I just want to do things a little differently this time.

All in all, I am really doing ok.  Yes, I want to have him here to snuggle and love and kiss.  But I am feeling and sleeping pretty well for being 9 months + pregnant.   Mike listens to me complain and I love him for it. 

I promise I will let you know when my cute little dude gets here.  Can't wait! 

ps- does anyone have a trampoline I could borrow?   :o) 

In the meantime, here's a picture of Cecily and her cutie-patootie cousin, Brielle at a fast food playland eating ice-cream:




 and another PS- I need to give a huge public thank you and shout out to my sister and brother in law (Brielle's cute mom and dad) for coming and helping me clean and scrub my house yesterday, not to mention the fact that they cleaned out our car and detailed it.  We love you guys and think you are amazing!  Thanks for being so self-less.

7 comments:

fran said...

Hang in there girl....I can't wait to meet your new addition....

Rachel said...

We love you girl. We'll see you tomorrow.

Pam said...

I am so excited for you guys, and no worries... I am okay with the idea of having LESS than 4 days between these two. Lets just aim for the same day, huh? :)

Brittany said...

Good for you for choosing not to be induced this early. It's so hard though, I get really impatient!

Amber said...

Cute pics! Wow you are almost there Wendy! You look so cute and I'm so excited for you guys! YAY

Unknown said...

You just hang in there! You're doing great at keeping yourself together ha ha. I'd be on the verge of a freak out. I'm so excited to see your little boy!

Anonymous said...

i've got me some cute nieces. just to round things out though... let's add a boy. hey wendy... get on that. :) hah.

Laura Brianne