Thursday, January 28, 2010

tired

I am going to complain. 

I am very tired. 

I know it's incredibly insensitive of me, because there are lots of women who wish they had this amazing reason to be tired, and I'm sorry.  Really, honestly sorry. 
 None the less, I am tired of being pregnant and I wish that my baby boy would come.

I wish that my body would stop teasing me with contractions and then stopping. 

I wish that my back didn't feel like it was on fire.

I wish that I had just kept my original due date of February 3rd so that maybe I'd be a little less anxious right now. 

I wish that I could sleep.  Soundly. 

I wish my hands and feet would stop falling asleep from being swollen.

I wish I could get rid of my double chin.  Like, yesterday.

Most of all, I wish that I could hold my baby and know that he's ok.  Know that labor and delivery were fine, that he is safe and I can care for him and snuggle him and kiss him.  For some reason I have been SO incredibly paranoid this pregnancy and I am tired of feeling apprehensive. 

The Lord sees fit to teach me patience tonight, and I am a terrible student.

I will have Mike write a little post after the dude gets here.  I promise.  Thanks for the prayers.  I love ya.

ps- I really am excited about him, tonight is just a rotten night.

4 comments:

Montana Wilkins said...

Is there anything more I can say than I love you? Call me if you want to (or are up to for that matter) play the Pollyanna Glad Game.

Unknown said...

You've got a right to be tired right now! And it feels a lot better to talk about it anyway. So no worries! I hope this little guy comes soon!

Ms. Boedee said...

I am keeping you in my prayers!! I hope it will be soon and you can be tired for other reasons - like being up all night!! :) Loves to you!

Celeste said...

I'm sorry!!!! I hope he comes soon too. My suggestion is to eat lots of candy and treats and all the things that you will feel guilty eating later--embrace this moment where you get to be hormonal and crazy and you have the best excuse in the world. I love you lots and know that you will do AMAZING during labor and delivery!